Catch Can disappointment pics inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ivin74

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Could be the location of the hoses. I believe the incoming air/oil mixture should be going into the tank and the filtered air should be exiting the can through baffle/filter media and out the top. JMO

Thats how its hooked up

OP
OP
ivin74

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Ok. Had to go earlier and didn't get a chance to type out as much as I wanted.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-13-SIL...ash=item19d3d2c478:g:CGIAAOxyaURTfRvi&vxp=mtr

That's the can I have. It's packed with a bunch of steel wool in a condenser pocket. Biggest thing with these, is you want to mount them somewhere cool. They rely on condensation to catch the stuff and will work more effectively at lower temperatures

My catch can is located in fender well, should be kept pretty cool I would think

dub got stuck in the wormhole... lol ;)

Great video, I'm amazed of how much stuff still goes thru the first catch can.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
My catch can is located in fender well, should be kept pretty cool I would think

Great video, I'm amazed of how much stuff still goes thru the first catch can.
Yeah that's a pretty wild difference

I looked into them as an upgrade to mine, but from what I've found they've changed their manufacturing process. End caps are now glued on or something instead of tig welded and don't fare well in the cold. Pretty disappointing given the price of these units. I'll pass on that

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After watching the video, does anyone know how the speed engineering one compares?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Tally2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know a few guys that run these catch cans and love them. One is an avid autocross racer and was loosing a ton of oil on his runs. Now, after using this can his system catches it all and the motor actually runs smoother and performs more crisp. I am gonna install one on my LS motor as well when I get back to the states.
https://www.mightymousesolutions.com/complete-systems

The owner will work with you on your setup and actually point you in the right direction for your setup, great customer service.

OP
OP
ivin74

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
After cleaning the head ports again I also replaced the screen inside the catch can. I also installed an inline fuel filter on the vent line right at the intake manifold. I made sure I had a clear filter so I can see if oil starts to seep up the vent line again. I guess time will tell it this works.

View attachment 182514 View attachment 182515

Update
It's been appx 4000 miles since I installed the fuel filter and the results are in. The oil is still seeping up the hose to the intake manifold (see pics). The good thing is that the gas filter did its job, it kept the oil from going thru into the intake manifold. It's time to try a new oil catch can, I'm going to order the RacerX catchcan and see how that one does.

http://racerxfabrication.com/catch-can

20180127_194747.jpg 20180127_201732.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update
It's been appx 4000 miles since I installed the fuel filter and the results are in. The oil is still seeping up the hose to the intake manifold (see pics). The good thing is that the gas filter did its job, it kept the oil from going thru into the intake manifold. It's time to try a new oil catch can, I'm going to order the RacerX catchcan and see how that one does.

http://racerxfabrication.com/catch-can

View attachment 191757 View attachment 191758

Awesome!

I guess I could throw some relevant info in here as well. I stuffed a stainless scrubber pad in my catch can two oil changes ago (10,000 miles) and I've gotten a small, but noticeable amount more in the drain cup than before. So, that must've increased it's air scrubbing efficiency some. I wanna get a fuel filter now.

Thanks for updating!

OP
OP
ivin74

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Awesome!

I guess I could throw some relevant info in here as well. I stuffed a stainless scrubber pad in my catch can two oil changes ago (10,000 miles) and I've gotten a small, but noticeable amount more in the drain cup than before. So, that must've increased it's air scrubbing efficiency some. I wanna get a fuel filter now.

Thanks for updating!

I'm going to try the stainless pad as well and see how it goes.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have thought about doing one, wouldn't this serve the exact same purpose? I know it's not all anodized and neat looking but you can see what it is catching or not catching.

jegs.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14