Carplay/Pandora

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pshrop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about whether Carplay will ever work wirelessly with 2016s? There's been lots of talk that Apple was rolling out wireless connectivity with iOS 9, but I didn't see any mention of it when I updated the software on my phone yesterday. My 2016 Tahoe still requires wired connectivity, even after the iOS update. I'm wondering if it requires different hardware/software that may not be available until 2017+?

Also, would be nice if Pandora would work without having to open the app on my iPhone. This seems like an easy fix, wonder why it hasn't been addressed? I don't think Android requires the app to be open???

OP
OP
P

pshrop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just learned from a GM tech that Infotainment systems that are in 2016 GM vehicles do not support wireless CarPlay (only wired), despite the fact that iOS 9 does support wireless CarPlay. The tech seemed to think it could be fixed with a software update should GM choose to pursue it, but couldn't make any promises. He said they note requests and if there's significant interest, they are more likely to pursue such an update. If anyone is interested, they can be reached at [email protected].