2021 Tahoe/Suburban wireless Apple CarPlay microstuttering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ronnie84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone found a solution to this? Mine is awful during wireless CarPlay. IOS 14.4

MamaB22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm in Chevy sales and am hoping that this issue somehow gets more traction in such a way that GM finds out that it's an issue.

Our 2021 Tahoes, Suburbans, and Trailblazers all have wireless Apple CarPlay as a feature standard, which is great in theory, however it is quite a mess in practice. I'm wondering if others have the same issue. I've connected a couple of my coworkers' various iPhones of different vintages (11, XS, 8+) and none will play nicely with the wireless CarPlay system, yet all work perfectly fine with a Lightning cable. All are on recent versions of iOS, and I'm certain my phone is kept up to date with the latest iOS 14 updates. This was an issue on iOS 13 for me as well.

Basically, if you try to stream music or play music locally from your phone, the song you're playing will stutter every few seconds. Maybe 10-30 seconds will go between the song having a little skip in playback. Connecting to the OnStar WiFi system doesn't seem to fix the issue and our dealership's wireless access doesn't reach outside the building, so I can't test with a stronger connection to see if that solves the issue. Obviously this is an issue if connected to LTE. Spotify and the local iTunes library both have this issue, all on multiple devices, even with entirely different models of cars, so this leads me to believe this is something with the GM head unit, the wireless broadcast in the car... who knows.

Anybody else struggling with this issue?

I just bought a 2021 Tahoe RST 3 days ago and had the skipping issue with my car play which was so frustrating. My 12 year old son looked up a video and YouTube and fixed the issue. He pressed the top left corner and another menu screen popped up, he said he removed my phone from the car play and re-added and IT WAS FIXED!!!! No more skipping of music or skipping of phone calls.

MamaB22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone found a solution to this? Mine is awful during wireless CarPlay. IOS 14.4

I just bought a 2021 Tahoe RST 3 days ago and had the skipping issue with my car play which was so frustrating. My 12 year old son looked up a video and YouTube and fixed the issue. He pressed the top left corner and another menu screen popped up, he said he removed my phone from the car play and re-added and IT WAS FIXED!!!! No more skipping of music or skipping of phone calls.

MamaB22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Driver7765

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

can you post the YouTube link. I am having this same problem on my 2021 premier suburban. It’s driving me crazy that I can’t fix it!! Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon