2021 Tahoe/Suburban wireless Apple CarPlay microstuttering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
WHOLE_MILK

WHOLE_MILK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alrighty, well I got the wireless CarPlay working just fine on a 2021 Malibu today. Not sure why it works and the other vehicles don’t.

OP
OP
WHOLE_MILK

WHOLE_MILK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well that is discouraging... Is GM aware of the issue? Every dealership that I went do and test drove one told me that had never heard of ApplePlay skipping.
GM tends to be quite out of touch and I doubt this will be addressed anytime soon.

AllenC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I went on my test drives, that was all I was doing was listening to music through wireless CarPlay. I was just trying to test out the stereo when I noticed it skipping out very so often.

AllenC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You would think a 2021 Malibu and GMC would be using the same software.... That's interesting.

AllenC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If GM is teaming up with Google... that would explain everything. They have no interest whatsoever in getting CarPlay to work... LOL

Negative3dB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Yukon so no help there but it’s hardwired CarPlay is fine.

However, my wife’s 2019 BMW has wireless CarPlay and does now experience this same exact issue. I did not have an issue on iOS 13. Once I went to iOS 14 it started to happen. I’m on iOS beta and can tell you that 14.2 so far does not fix the issue.

Fair to say it’s an iOS bug and not GM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
WHOLE_MILK

WHOLE_MILK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can confirm that this is an issue on the 2021 Silverado 1500 RST I’m sitting in right now. It definitely is not an iOS issue as it works fine on the 2021 Malibu I drove yesterday.

OP
OP
WHOLE_MILK

WHOLE_MILK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can now confirm that this issue is also present on the 2021 Blazer.

AllenC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any news on this front? I took delivery of our new 2021 Yukon on Tuesday and it has been working flawlessly up until today when it started the same stuttering that I had noticed with my earlier test drives. I have no idea why it just suddenly started doing it.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think they had Mel Tillis code some of the software.... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish