Wireless carplay success

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Limited-time deal: OTTOCAST Wireless CarPlay Adapter for iPhone - 2022 Upgrade Wired to Wireless Apple Carplay Dongle - 5GHz WiFi, Low Latency, Easy-to-Install, Plug & Play https://a.co/d/4i3UCM7

Chose this one for my bday, and got it today and it works well.

The only two issues I have is, this doesn't work well when plugged into the USB port inside radio head, secondly; if I change the song using apple play, regardless if I use the steering wheel radio display the radio button or the phone display, there is a 2 to 3 second delay

I'm happy because I don't have to fumble with cords and can use my magsafe charger!

$80 + two day shipping can't be beat.
This is being used on a 2018 Tahoe, I also purchase the Asurion insurance for $4.99 Incase it stops working past the sellers 30 day policy

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess everyone too happySad with there new 2020+ Hoes and Yuks!

Been working with the manufacturer who makes this device and has made me a custom update to fix latency issues when I first got it. Now it’s awesome and the same as the newer gm wireless CarPlay and I can use my apple mag in the mobile. Oh and the company gave me a $35 voucher for helping :) pretty cool IMHO

MPAWill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have this same item in a 2020 yukon with zero issues and it's behind the screen. Highly recommended!

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What fixes the latency issue?
Well my first one gave out exchanged it for another one and this one has Ford firmware in it so I’m back at just not using it and getting something else, unfortunately I am passed the Amazon return and haven’t reached out to the techs

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought one, Superiortek 5.0. It seems to work pretty good and has the highest rating on Amazon.

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought one, Superiortek 5.0. It seems to work pretty good and has the highest rating on Amazon.
I’m getting this

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yikes, $300 and it’s not CarPlay. I’ve got an iPad mini installed so I don’t need the video streaming

Rybread

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hows the adapter working for you all? I bought one as well and the damn thing is on even when the truck is off. It'll sometime connect to carplay when I'm walking towards the truck and the person on the phone cant hear me and I cant hear them until I turn the truck on or switch it on my phone.

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a mixed bag. I noticed when I’m in range, in the house, if I play music or a YouTube video, it plays it through my car audio…same with phone calls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_burks