Can't decide between a LTZ and and Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a full load LTZ on order, no sun roof and rear entertainment, but still have time to change it to a Denali, I like the heads up display and the 6.2, but have to get the Touring package with sunroof and rear entertainment that I will never use. I like the 20" chrome wheels better on the Denali than the LTZ. I like the looks of the front end better on the LTZ than the Denali. Otherwise everything is the same. The price difference is about $6,000.00. Need help deciding.

Like you I wanted the 6.2 but didn't want the sunroof or rear entertainment. I went with the Denali, no touring package. I like the heads-up display but you can't order it alone so I'll live without it.

Spinzone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought an LTZ and use it for towing a 6500lbs boat (mostly under 10 miles each way).

I priced the Denali vs. LTZ and was only about $3k difference, so not a deal breaker. I would have much rather had the 6.2l but I couldn't get over how much I disliked the Yukon front end, not that I was originally a fan of any of the triplets.

OmegaRoach

Reaction score
I think my main reason in avoiding the 6.2 is the need for premium gas vs regular in the 5.3. I don't tow though...

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At $.30/gallon more, that's about $8/tank. $32/month. That's not gonna make or break most people who can swing a $70k SUV. I think for resale, go Denali. It's the top tier GM SUV (aside from getting into Cadillac) and that 6.2L is well worth the money. Plus you get that wickedly cool led dash cluster!

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys it doesn't HAVE to have premium. I use 87 and still get 21 mpg hwy. Premium is "recommended".

My Ford Lightning requires premium...guess what? No premium and it runs like a champ at 101K.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been waiting for my Feb. 1 order for a Denali, and look to potentially wait another 12 weeks.
My dealer says he has a similar LTZ available right now.
Um, no thanks. No more 5.3l.
I'll wait.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been waiting for my Feb. 1 order for a Denali, and look to potentially wait another 12 weeks.
My dealer says he has a similar LTZ available right now.
Um, no thanks. No more 5.3l.
I'll wait.

Are you married to the dealer IE deposit, etc.

If not, I would look around unless you just got a fantastic deal. There has to be someone that can get you one sooner.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you married to the dealer IE deposit, etc.

If not, I would look around unless you just got a fantastic deal. There has to be someone that can get you one sooner.

Handshake deal, no deposit. After already waiting over 4 months, I doubt I could order from another dealer and have it here sooner, so I guess were married now.

The dealer and I have some good history. I've bought a lot of vehicles from them. The deal was ok. They sold it to me at invoice. 73k sticker and somewhere around 65+- cost, and gave me 28k for our 10' Tahoe.
It's just one of those things, meanwhile I'm sure they want the trade as bad as we want the Denali. Miles are piling up on it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz