Can't decide between a LTZ and and Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an SLT with the tow package (3.42 rear end) and the power is fine. This version of the 5.3 has more power than in the past. I would recommend the tow package for the shorter rear end gear though. The 3.42 is standard on the denali...

If you don't want a sunroof or rear entertainment just order a Denali with no options. You can probably get it for under $60k. That's what I would do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

customlll

Reaction score
Well... I am still on the fence. I saw a Black LTZ today and it looked pretty good.
I am not a fan of the Denali front end. To get the heads up display you need to get the touring package which comes with the rear entertainment and sun roof, I can live with the sun roof, but the rear entertainment is a out dated $2,000.00 option I would NEVER use. They should just offer an iPad holder.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt anybody uses the rear DVD. Never used the one in our Tahoe. But to get the heads up, you have no choice other than to accept it. That's how GM adds to the profit of the vehicle.

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My point was that if the heads up is the only thing you want just skip the package and live without it and get the denali.

The LTZ (if equipped as closely as possible) is only like $2,500 cheaper than the denali. The only reason to get the LTZ is if you want the 5.3 for better economy or don't want to wait for or order a denali.

Because you are not really likely to find a non touring package denali on a dealer lot...

---------- Post added at 06:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

I agree 100% on the DVD screens... Even with kids we don't even have DVDs it is all streaming video to Apple TV and ipad...

But a lot of people love them and GM likes to add profit.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Chevy dealer has had several LTZs on the lot over the last month or two.

JMHO.
Again, I caution you, think twice about the 5.3l. I have two of them , and they will be my last..ever. One in my wife's Tahoe, and one in my 11 Silverado. The power gap isn't as noticeable until you either tow, load some luggage, travel on hilly interstates, or need passing power on a hill.
I know power is subjective, but most articles I have read on the updated 5.3l still claim it is still not adequate power for a heavy SUV.
For an extra mile per gallon cost, you are sporting 460 lbs of torque with the 6.2l. Over 20% more.

For those of us who obviously do not struggle with the idea of flushing thousands down the toilet to drive something we want, the cost difference is minimal at best.

rgpie75

Reaction score
For those of us who obviously do not struggle with the idea of flushing thousands down the toilet to drive something we want, the cost difference is minimal at best.

Hahaha, sadly this describes me perfectly.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

customlll

Reaction score
Well...... I have a full load LTZ on order, the build date is June 2, the dealer will order a Denali if I want, but the wait time will be another month.
I am leaning towards just getting the LTZ. I am ok with the 5.3 power, I have one in my Tahoe now and it has enough power, I don't pull anything, I just wanted the 6.2 to be a dude. The LTZ is really for my wife anyways. I am in Canada, the out of pocket cost between a full load LTZ and a full load Denali is $8,000.00, so....... is headup and a 6.2 worth it? Plus I like the looks of the LTZ more than the Denali. I am still on the fence, but 70% towards the Tahoe LTZ. The other thing is I ordered it with the chrome 20" wheels, but now I want to 22's. The dealer doesn't think it can be changed now.

STAY IN IT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wouldn't consider the LTZ personally due to the fact I need the 6.2. In previous generations I was amazed that, when comparing apples to apples regarding options/standard features, there was not much of a Denali premium. ( The Escalade was a different story). That was probably the reason that roughly 60% of the yukons sold were Denali trim. On the previous 2 Denalis I have owned, I had calculated moving up to the Denali was around $2k more than a comparably equipped suburban. I haven't done the math on the '15, but it sounds like significantly more of a premium on the latest generation based on previous posters input.

I love the fact that the Denali is an "Escalade-lite" with most of the Escalade benefits without the negative attention from thieves.

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The current generation is very hard to compare apples to apples because there are more denali exclusive features. But, if you equip them as close as possible the Denali is about 2,500 more than an LTZ with tow package (standard on denali). Considering you get the 6.2 for that money it is a great deal.

The problem is if you want any options on a Denali you get the whole boat (touring package); where on an LTZ you can go piece by piece.

I still say the best value is a Denali with no options at about $57k (employee price).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700