Can someone tell me if our 2008 Yukon Denali is AWD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZK686

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was informed that all Denalis come AWD standard, however, I just read that that's not true starting in 2008 they offered 2WD and AWD. I was told I could tell by looking at the front axle. I've attached pictures. Can someone verify if it's AWD or 2WD? Also, I did the vin thing (checking if the 5th letter is a K or C) and it's a C, so I'm assuming again that it's a 2WD.

Y0loAmy.jpg

Y0loAmy.jpg

PXL_20201231_033137253.jpg PXL_20201231_033137253.jpg

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was informed that all Denalis come AWD standard, however, I just read that that's not true starting in 2008 they offered 2WD and AWD. I was told I could tell by looking at the front axle. I've attached pictures. Can someone verify if it's AWD or 2WD? Also, I did the vin thing (checking if the 5th letter is a K or C) and it's a C, so I'm assuming again that it's a 2WD.

Y0loAmy.jpg

Y0loAmy.jpg

View attachment 266408 View attachment 266409
You have no front differential so therefore 2wd. You VIN doesn’t lie.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Y0loAmy.jpg

Y0loAmy.jpg

View attachment 266408 View attachment 266409
I does not appear that you have a front differential so that would mean you don’t have AWD.

OP
OP
Z

ZK686

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I appreciate it. I asked this question on another message board and was called an "idiot" for not knowing what to look for. I joined these message boards to learn these things, not get called names.

Thanks again!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yes, I have looked at other boards/forums and seen the same thing. If a person does not know they ask questions. Nothing wrong with that. If you asked a question and got the right answers and then kept asking that question, well then, something else is going on there. And, yes, besides a sight check, that "C" at the 5th digit of the VIN is the big clue for you.

Happy Motoring!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I appreciate it. I asked this question on another message board and was called an "idiot" for not knowing what to look for. I joined these message boards to learn these things, not get called names.

Thanks again!

Stick with us here and learn. I learn something new here every week, even if it does not directly apply to me and my truck right now. It might, and probably will, some day, and I'll be ready for it, what ever it might be. And, I know that the folks here have got my back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
autom8ted