Can some one tell me what I'm looking at?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lsnoob13

Reaction score
I have a 08 Yukon denali, I've been spending a bit of time under it and I noticed these....is it a leveling kit? It's on the front shocks. As far as I know the truck suspension is stock.... until now at least.

IMG_20190603_134259873.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What ^^^he said. They look to be about 1" thick, which would make them a 2" lift- common for leveling as there's usually about a 2" rake on these rigs. While you're under there discovering things, see if the rear coils have any spacers under them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Lsnoob13

Reaction score
What ^^^he said. They look to be about 1" thick, which would make them a 2" lift- common for leveling as there's usually about a 2" rake on thee rigs. While you're under there discovering things, see if the rear coils have any spacers under them.
Yeah I thought it didn't look stock, had to wipe it to see the logo. The rear springs are sitting on the axle so no spacer there. Can these be removed and leave the longer bolts? I've noticed this truck squats a bit and maybe this is what's causing it?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I thought it didn't look stock, had to wipe it to see the logo. The rear springs are sitting on the axle so no spacer there. Can these be removed and leave the longer bolts? I've noticed this truck squats a bit and maybe this is what's causing it?

The squat is likely because the 2" front lift was more than what was needed to level it. If you like the front height but don't like the squat (Which I strongly agree with!), you can add a spacer to the rear coils. 1" is standard and common, but I believe there are 1/2" and 3/4" if you're that particular. I had a 2" front/1" rear lift on mine for about a year. I liked the stance, but recently removed it in preparation for lowering.

If you just wanna put the front back to stock, you may need to get shorter bolts because the longer ones will likely have shoulders (no thread for a length under the head). I'd advise against using less than Grade 10.9 with these bolts and nuts.

OP
OP
L

Lsnoob13

Reaction score
The squat is likely because the 2" front lift was more than what was needed to level it. If you like the front height but don't like the squat (Which I strongly agree with!), you can add a spacer to the rear coils. 1" is standard and common, but I believe there are 1/2" and 3/4" if you're that particular. I had a 2" front/1" rear lift on mine for about a year. I liked the stance, but recently removed it in preparation for lowering.

If you just wanna put the front back to stock, you may need to get shorter bolts because the longer ones will likely have shoulders (no thread for a length under the head). I'd advise against using less than Grade 10.9 with these bolts and nuts.
I'm just gana take them off, I'd like to lower it in the future so stock for me is just fine....for now lol. I've noticed the rear bags are dry rotted and that the auto leveling doesn't kick on, is it hard to remove them and lower the truck and it ride fine? I've heard these trucks are picky with removing that system and lowering.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just gana take them off, I'd like to lower it in the future so stock for me is just fine....for now lol. I've noticed the rear bags are dry rotted and that the auto leveling doesn't kick on, is it hard to remove them and lower the truck and it ride fine? I've heard these trucks are picky with removing that system and lowering.

Typical death of the Auto-Leveling system. Regular (passive) shocks bolt directly in their place. Just get good shocks and it'll ride fine. The only issue you may have is a "Service Suspension System" warning message on the gauge cluster. This is easily resolved by connecting some resistors to the wiring or plugs that originally went to the shocks so the computer thinks the shocks are still present. The resistors are about $10-$15 for a pack of four.

OP
OP
L

Lsnoob13

Reaction score
Oh seems easy enough. Do you have any experience with lowering these trucks? If so what would you recommend? I'm just looking for it to be lower and ride comfortable.....I like the stance the police Tahoe's have so maybe something that low?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh seems easy enough. Do you have any experience with lowering these trucks? If so what would you recommend? I'm just looking for it to be lower and ride comfortable.....I like the stance the police Tahoe's have so maybe something that low?

I think it's time for pictures in this thread Johnny! Let's see her with the level. Oh, sometimes folks put spacers above the rear springs instead of beneath them.

OP
OP
L

Lsnoob13

Reaction score
I think it's time for pictures in this thread Johnny! Let's see her with the level. Oh, sometimes folks put spacers above the rear springs instead of beneath them.
Lol yeah I agree, I gata look for one, right now she's a mess lol I have her on ramps and she's dusty lol. I'll see about spacers above the springs, I didn't see anything but I'll take another look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu