Caliper G80 axel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M123

Viking
Reaction score
Hi.

I am looking for some caliper for my Tahoe 2002 in the rear, are all the 2 piston calipers the same or dose the limited slip diff have their own calipers?
Some 2 pistons are listed just as stated but some do have LSD in the description.

So now I need help here guy's to clear this out. ☺☺☺

Thanks.

Last edited:

mpope2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to the catalogs I’ve looked from the big suppliers, it looks like there is two different options for rear calipers on 2WD 2002 Tahoes and both are dual piston. One of the of the caliper castings is smooth, the other is ribbed. There is only one option for a 4WD 2002 Tahoe and it’s dual piston. It is the ribbed caliper casting that fits the 4WDs. Like most GM stuff, I would assume there is a possibility of interchange. I would prefer to use what came factory. Shoot me your VIN and a pic of RPO codes from glove box and I should be able to tell you what yours has

OP
OP
M123

M123

Viking
Reaction score
Hi.

Thanks, if you look under my post so have I attached my hole rpo list, if you need further information I can send my VIN in your inbox. ☺☺☺

OP
OP
M123

M123

Viking
Reaction score
M123 welcome........you have some very nice metal in your garage !!

Hi. Ahhh thanks, I live for the American Iron, I am a bit damaged from birth, but almost everything spinning around V8.

I've heard the Swedes love American muscle--but who doesn't :D?

Haha it's a bit mental how big culture we here that's copying the old you. I think many of you would like it here in summer when all the crusings and meets are goings-on. Some events are biggest in Europe regarding the old American cars.
The biggest meet are Power Big Meet and have around 20 000 American cars, older then 30 years old. ☺

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
OP
OP
M123

M123

Viking
Reaction score
Ok, so your RPO list does also show your VIN and 5th digit is K so is a 4wd.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=8821196&cc=1380372&jsn=2364---right rear

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=8821188&cc=1380372&jsn=2365---left rear

I see you also have the 3.73 gear. I had a 2002 with the G80 and the GT4 3.73 gear. That thing would shit and git when prompted with my lead foot.

Ahh thanks for the links. ☺ So all the dual piston are the same in the end? Just the ribs that @mpope2 did say in his post that are different?
Why I wonder in the first time are because the listing and that G80 have ther own disc's and it did have me wounder if the caliper sit different or have their own braket.

Yeah! Now I am the most noob on rear ends and gear ratios, but it's feel alive when you poke the nose maker on the floor. Feels strong all over the power band and doesn't hesitate, I like it. Regarding fuel consumption I couldn't care less, I drive and smile.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
In my new to me 2005 Z71 I have the 3.42 gear with the G80 and not as responsive from the line but still does ok for me. I do get better mileage though. At 68, it is probably better that I don't stomp on the accelerator like I did with the 3.73 gear. I do miss it though. But the 2005 makes up for it in other ways.

mpope2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi.

Thanks, if you look under my post so have I attached my hole rpo list, if you need further information I can send my VIN in your inbox. ☺☺☺

My apologies. I missed the VIN and RPO link originally. It looks like the ribbed dual pistons are the ones for your 4wd. I think all the limited slip (G80 RPO) vehicles had dual piston rear setups.

The non limited slip coil sprung rear axles were packaged with the same single piston caliper setup as some of the trucks in that generation I believe. The three catalogs I see show options for 2002 Tahoe with non limited slip and the pad/rotor/calipers are the same as the rear on my 2000 Sierra

Do you have any local parts support near you? Or are you forced to order online for everything?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts