Cabin Air Filter Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Has anyone used this kit? I am very curious as the effects it would have on the HVAC System. I would love to have the filter but was wondering if anyone had done this before or could speak on it.

Dorman 259-200 Cabin Air Filter Retrofit Kit for Select Cadillac / Chevrolet / GMC Models https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NF1TL1...abc_CXA2HEKMQ68J7NQ4PEFC?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't buy that exact kit. I bought the AC Delco retrofit door by itself and then bought a good activated charcoal and baking soda filter.

My truck had 260K+ miles on it when we did it and the evaporator was disgustingly nasty.

The A/C will freeze you out of there now.

Here is a link to the post in my build thread that has the pics from the install...
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...rb-ltz-mod-thread.100141/page-75#post-1512100

OP
OP
TheBiznisKitty

TheBiznisKitty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you know what size air filter it was or are they all the same size? I thought about buying the K&N cabin air filter

OP
OP
TheBiznisKitty

TheBiznisKitty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put one in thecopcar a few months ago. Cutting the opening was the hardest part. The rest was easy, and it works.
Did you clean your evaporator/condenser while you were in it? Did you use the liquid cleaner or what did you do?

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was actually pretty clean for being 10 years old. I brushed a few leaves out, and that was it.

I probably ought to do this on theothertwin as well. I SURE that one will be loaded with dog hair.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought my retrofit kit from Rock Auto, and I also use the activated charcoal filter. I've had no issues with this conversion. The installation, cutting the slot in the existing plastic housing, can be funky, but with the right tools, it is doable, and should take less than 1 hour to complete.

My filter measures 10 3/8" x 9 5/8". ACDelco part number: CF193C; GM part number: 23101674

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I used the dorman kit as well.
I got the one with the reg (cheap) filter.

I really just wanted to keep sand from coming through the vents.

The dorman kit was easy.
Used a razor knife tool to scribe and cut out the opening.
And then used the screw above the center console (didn't put it back kuz pita) to fasten the door in place.

That way everything is the same bolt size later down the road.

And i had the carbon filter in my amazon cart over Christmas.

Wife got a amazon gift card from work and didn't notice it there

So when it's time, I'll do the carbon filter.

On and my ac evaporator looked clogged with dirt/sand.

I did my best to clean it, but i do need to take some proper coil cleaner and attempt a flush later down the road.

And so far, it's awesome.
No longer do i get dust coming through my vents when hauling ass down a dirt trail/road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442