Bypassing Factory Bose Analogue Amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NotQuiteanSS

Reaction score
Well, cant return the sweet, sweet Pioneer 4500Nex, spent too dang much time trying to integrate a nice include everything Metra and I tried a idata mastero harness just to find out I ain't waking up that bose amp. Power constant, Alternative RAP, and duh ground are no Brainers.

Gents, how about some help, using the Bose speakers and a good after market radio..... 40 watts per 4........ IE, going GM wire per wire out past that silly Bose amp.to the Bose Speakers? Mono block amp and DS18 6 inch sub is on its way........

GM upfitters is only so good. I have crossovers for 3/4 and 2 inch tweeters. How much power can the factory Bose speakers take? Used to rock at 3/4 volume and it was OK for factory. Granted aint no 3 way MB Quarts and Kicker solobarics...... but still ain't bad for family.road trips

2011 Tahoe LT, Bose, onstar, XM, non-nav, non rear seat DVD.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, cant return the sweet, sweet Pioneer 4500Nex, spent too dang much time trying to integrate a nice include everything Metra and I data mastero harness to find out I ain't waking up that bose amp. Power constant, Alternative RAP, and duh ground and no Brainers.

Gents, how about some help, using the Bose speakers and a good after market radio..... 40 watts per 4........ IE, going GM wire per wire out past that silly Bose amp.to the Bose Speakers? Mono block amp and DS18 6 inch sub is on its way........

GM upfitters is only so good. I have crossovers for 3/4 and 2 inch tweeters. How much power can the factory Bose speakers take? Used to rock at 3/4 volume and it was OK for factory. Granted aint no 3 way MB Quarts and Kicker solobarics...... but still ain't bad for family.road trips
what exactly is the issue? I found if you have the maestro set to keep the radio on while starting it doesn't fire up the bose amp, may not happen on a cold start but after you have been driving around a bit and everything has warmed up it won't wake up the amp, and the bose amp is digital not analogue so the signal has to come from the maestro. Also if you call Maestro they can help you figure what the issue is and adjust the firmware if needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep