Buying 2011 PoPo Package Tomorrow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PopoPackage2011

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, was on Jeep forums for awhile til my Junk Chrysler motor dropped a valve seat, unibody rot, blah blah blah.

I test drove a 2011 RWD police package tahoe last week, scanned it- didnt throw any codes.
130K miles

Guy wanted 5500 I talked him down to 5

The Good- He swapped in leather seats 2nd and 3rd row, K n N intake, bodys pretty clean, no frame/undercarraige rust really at all. Motor runs great needs an oil change, tranny shifts like a brand new tranny-steering felt good, brakes, etc. Motor sounded mint- no lifter tick or oil leaks I noticed.

The Bad- I need to put tires on it (got some mint ones from my jeep >100 miles on em P255/75/r17) Theyll fit without rub hopefully, right? noticed oil pressure at 1/4 on the gauge, looked at oil its time. Needs shocks. Needs front blower fan.

Before I take this thing to get an NYS inspection to make sure it passes,

What are some other things to look for on this truck before buying it? Been awhile since I have dealt with GM vehicles.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would assume that the PP Tahoe does not have AFM
It does have AFM Ron.

Welcome to the forum popo! These things have an idle oil pressure from the high teens to about 30 psi.

Those tires will work, the speedometer will be off though. The stock police tires are wider and shorter. The tires on a regular Tahoe with 17s are P265-70R17

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, was on Jeep forums for awhile til my Junk Chrysler motor dropped a valve seat, unibody rot, blah blah blah.

I test drove a 2011 RWD police package tahoe last week, scanned it- didnt throw any codes.
130K miles

Guy wanted 5500 I talked him down to 5

The Good- He swapped in leather seats 2nd and 3rd row, K n N intake, bodys pretty clean, no frame/undercarraige rust really at all. Motor runs great needs an oil change, tranny shifts like a brand new tranny-steering felt good, brakes, etc. Motor sounded mint- no lifter tick or oil leaks I noticed.

The Bad- I need to put tires on it (got some mint ones from my jeep >100 miles on em P255/75/r17) Theyll fit without rub hopefully, right? noticed oil pressure at 1/4 on the gauge, looked at oil its time. Needs shocks. Needs front blower fan.

Before I take this thing to get an NYS inspection to make sure it passes,

What are some other things to look for on this truck before buying it? Been awhile since I have dealt with GM vehicles.

Welcome!! Check into if the AFM is still in use or has been removed or tuned out. If there is a Range device plugged into the OBD port you will have to unplug that for a week of driving to reset the readiness monitors for emissions inspection.

You PPV/SSV guys, if his vehicle does not have a DIC switch is he still able to toggle the display somehow to show V4/V8 mode on a test drive?

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome!! Check into if the AFM is still in use or has been removed or tuned out. If there is a Range device plugged into the OBD port you will have to unplug that for a week of driving to reset the readiness monitors for emissions inspection.

You PPV/SSV guys, if his vehicle does not have a DIC switch is he still able to toggle the display somehow to show V4/V8 mode on a test drive?
I could not see V4/V8 until i added the DIC. I could most definitely feel it though. Driving through my old neighborhood, mostly flat, in Drive doing 25-30, and it would go into V4.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

While not needed for inspection, be sure to change out ALL of the cooling hoses sooner than later, as they will fail in time and dump out out coolant in less than a minute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar