Broken Motor Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking it may also be time on my 2010 suburban 2500. Did a search around those keywords but nothing. Anyone know if the same design flaw & fix is pertinent to the 3/4 ton SUVs?

I'm not the authority on this, but I don't believe the 2500s got the fluid-filled mounts. You should be able to easily tell by comparing them to your Tahoe's mounts. Maybe snap a pic of the Tahoe's mounts and slide up under the Suburban and compare. Or, if they're blown, there will be rust-colored trails all on and around them where it leaks down on the frame.

Marshall 008

Reaction score
my passenger side just leaked out on my driveway. Looks like changing both out will be in my future.

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my passenger side just leaked out on my driveway. Looks like changing both out will be in my future.
I just changed out both of my hyd. motor mounts at 115K miles. The drivers side had been leaking since around 65K miles. Here's hoping the last longer than the OEM.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done a couple sets of these now on various Denalis with 6.2L. I found that you can really make it easy on yourself by removing the tire for the side you are working on. After the truck is secure, you can use a floor jack to lift gently with a wood block on the exhaust down pipe. This will allow for that "little extra" room that seems to be needed to wiggle them out. First set, cussed all the bad words......second set figured out the jack idea and had both sides done in less than an hour.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done a couple sets of these now on various Denalis with 6.2L. I found that you can really make it easy on yourself by removing the tire for the side you are working on. After the truck is secure, you can use a floor jack to lift gently with a wood block on the exhaust down pipe. This will allow for that "little extra" room that seems to be needed to wiggle them out. First set, cussed all the bad words......second set figured out the jack idea and had both sides done in less than an hour.

That's what I did. I saw a few videos on engine mount removal, and some were stupid... needing two people and five Hail Marys. Some dude made a 2 minute video with minimal words, and just pointed at stuff; a picture is worth a thousand words type of deal.

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little less than 3 year later, driver side gone again. Looks like I may do it this time and use the Hummer mounts. That was a $900 job back then for both sides plus the trans mount, paid by Carsheild, but they highly ticked off the shop that did it and he told me that he wouldn't do it again. Carshield not the best warranty company to work with.

So, do both sides need to changed with the Hummer mount? Just seems like the DS needs to be replaced.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442