Broken Motor Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha not yet.

I’m used to our normal vibes but these ones seem to be getting a little worse as time goes on. The upside is that all the things I’ve done on the truck have definitely improved the overall “feel”.

You might actually have a problem that's progressing or it's the typical vibes and you're just more in tune since we tend to do that after every mod.

Reaction score
You might actually have a problem that's progressing or it's the typical vibes and you're just more in tune since we tend to do that after every mod.
Keeping an eye out! I can say it has gotten worse since I originally noticed it when it was once every 4-5 seconds. Now we're in a pretty constant state of stumble / occasionally it feels like it's sputtering if I put it in gear before it's fully warmed up. Also, the truck seems less able to hold idle correctly as it fluctuates more.

I rechecked all of the vacuum lines last night and they're solid but it's time to give it a smoke test. Also going to take another pass at my O2 sensors / Coil packs.

Truck still isn't seeing any "misfires" when I'm monitoring via the OBD2 reader.

Attachments

• 3786B0A1-6737-465F-9B21-4E384AF2DFC5.jpeg
    3786B0A1-6737-465F-9B21-4E384AF2DFC5.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 6

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keeping an eye out! I can say it has gotten worse since I originally noticed it when it was once every 4-5 seconds. Now we're in a pretty constant state of stumble / occasionally it feels like it's sputtering if I put it in gear before it's fully warmed up. Also, the truck seems less able to hold idle correctly as it fluctuates more.

I rechecked all of the vacuum lines last night and they're solid but it's time to give it a smoke test. Also going to take another pass at my O2 sensors / Coil packs.

Truck still isn't seeing any "misfires" when I'm monitoring via the OBD2 reader.

Cleaned the MAF? Double checked the intake couplers? Air filter not clogged?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep all completed.

Have access to a scanner that will at least show live data? You might wanna stay ahead of this in case it's something critical developing.

If you decide to dive in, start a thread so we can follow you and help more easily.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I replaced the drivers motor mount also! Why GM continues to sell unreliable parts like motor mounts which can be very dangerous in very expensive vehicle's?

I havent checked in for a little while but my Hummer mounts are still working like a charm, no issues. Hopefully everyone is moving towards these and not another tahoe mount.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna install: 2 Hummer H3 mounts, tranny mount, and both front differential carrier mounts w/bushings soon. Wish me luck. The engine mounts look like a PIA.

Last edited:

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm at 115K and I just changed both of mine out. They were the hydraulic type and the right one was leaking, so I changed both. Funny thing was that after the change out the slight vibration I used to get when braking went away. Go figure.

EvergreenZ71

Reaction score
So glad I found this thread!

So my 2009 Tahoe 6.2L has had the initial acceleration thunk for a week or so and had an appointment for the transmission shop to take a look when it experienced a dashboard Christmas light show (service stabilitrack, service traction control, ABS light) when I accelerated onto the freeway, but no apparent loss of function. I’m pretty sure this thread diagnosed my problem so I’m ordering parts.

But that isn’t my question.

I’m thinking it may also be time on my 2010 suburban 2500. Did a search around those keywords but nothing. Anyone know if the same design flaw & fix is pertinent to the 3/4 ton SUVs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep