Broken Motor Mount Test?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my Yukon in gear sitting still with my left foot on the brake and gave it some gas with the right foot. Felt like the left side of the vehicle jerked upward when hitting the gas. My wife is too afraid to do this while I look under the hood so I am not positive.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Usually you can tell when you are driving and goose the throttle. There's the initial jerk from the torque trying to now break any remaining motor mounts. Take it to a shop somewhere where they can put it on a lift and ask for an estimate. Generally estimates are free. A dealership might charge an hours labor as a diagnostic fee but some dealers will put it towards the work.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pop the hood, watch engine, if it move more than a couple inches, the mounts broke.

If it is broke it will be very noticeable.

OP
OP
YukonCrazy

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Popped the hood and had daughter throttle the engine. The motor did not seem to move like the one in the video. It's just the driver side of the vehicle. I do feel the initial jerk when getting on the gas from a dead stop at a green light. Is there a trans mount?

OP
OP
YukonCrazy

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know....I replaced the trans tail end back in January when replacing the driveshaft u-joints.

OP
OP
YukonCrazy

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just slid under the Yukon this morning and the trans mount looks fine and is nice and tight. It must be something else.

IMG_0943_zpsypryd95c.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick