Rattling metal sound while acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update/Solved: Starter solenoid was causing the weak retraction of the gear, so it were touching the flywheel teeth. Solenoid replaced with a new one from Hyundai:Big Laugh: They seem to be the same construction - fits just right. Only difference was the plug connector on new one instead the bolt-style connector on the old.

Hope this may help in case one does not have access to right parts. Problem solved! No more grinding sounds!

Will order the whole starter assembly though, as the starter had plastic parts inside that broke into pieces while assembly.

Thank you all for assistance!
Thank you for posting your solution to your issue. Our collective knowledge base has been increased.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is another issue I have found while under the vehicle: two bottom bolts that fasten the gearbox housing to engine (the oil pan area) are spinning freely - the gear box guys must have over tightened and stripped them. What may be the outcome of this insecure connection and how i may repair the threads? I think using the thread insert may work.
This has been discussed in previous threads. @OR VietVet ; @Doubeleive ; @wjburken ; @Geotrash

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is another issue I have found while under the vehicle: two bottom bolts that fasten the gearbox housing to engine (the oil pan area) are spinning freely - the gear box guys must have over tightened and stripped them. What may be the outcome of this insecure connection and how i may repair the threads? I think using the thread insert may work.
gearbox? pictures would probably clarify unless this has been converted to manual there is no gearbox... wrong term

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
gearbox? pictures would probably clarify unless this has been converted to manual there is no gearbox... wrong term
Transmission translation issue, I believe. If I read it correctly, he is either referring to the bottom bolts of the bell housing or the two rear bolts that tie the pan to the rear cover. I've seen where folks have stripped them out, but usually its the rear pan bolts and not the bell housing bolts.

As already asked, if you can get a photo of the particular bolts, that will help eliminate translation issues. Either way, putting a Heli coil in may be your best option based on my understanding of what you have shared.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I agree with the heli-coil fix. I am not a fan of them, PITA, but when done right, they work very well. In other words, if you do the heli-coils, patience and good operating correct tools and know how, wins the day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar