Broken latch in center console cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisYukon

Reaction score
The latch that holds the center console closed in my ‘17 Denali is broken, so I can’t open it. Does anyone know how to take it apart and fix it?

thanks

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you get a plastic pry tool in there and pry up to release it? If the latch is broken and you don’t booger up the cover you may be alright. You may need to get the parts from the dealer if they sell the latch separately. Good luck.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My latch broke, but fortunately, the breakage stopped it from latching at all. I did get a replacement latch assembly for it from the dealer, but it was stupid expensive.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the part number and try ebay. Many Dealers offer parts for sale at a discounted price, no tax, and free shipping. I feel bad for anyone who pays full Dealer retail for parts with all the part resources we have today, Ebay, Rockauto, Amazon.

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told by Chevy dealer that you have to purchase the ENTIRE front center console assembly.
Service dept. said that the console cannot be disassembled to replace the broken latch.

For 2017 Yukon Denali: https://www.gmpartscenter.net/v-2017-gmc-yukon--denali--6-2l-v8-gas/body--center-console

Thank you GM - expensive PITFA!

Dealer is incorrect. I've replaced mine with GM PN #22861304. You "just" pop the plastic cover off the underside, and there are two small screws and one torx if I'm not mistaken. Popping the plastic cover off can really be a PIFTA, but it's just because they put wayyyy too many clips under there, overall really easy job. Hope this helps!

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The latch that holds the center console closed in my ‘17 Denali is broken, so I can’t open it. Does anyone know how to take it apart and fix it?

thanks
To answer your question, you can take any small metal hook tool thingamajiggy and reach it inside the clip fore to aft pointing, and u can just pull the clip forward, and it will pop open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk