Brake upgrade options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tommyg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here's the response from the e-mail I sent:

"Brembo's are available for the 2007. Completely different from the 2006 and older models. I would not be able to do them for the same price. They will be substantially more. If you would like me to give you a quote, I would be happy to do so."

Add never said anything about 2006 and older models, but whatever. If anyone has an '06 or older, that's a screaming deal...

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Here's the response from the e-mail I sent:

"Brembo's are available for the 2007. Completely different from the 2006 and older models. I would not be able to do them for the same price. They will be substantially more. If you would like me to give you a quote, I would be happy to do so."

Add never said anything about 2006 and older models, but whatever. If anyone has an '06 or older, that's a screaming deal...

Yeah I got the same thing back as well. I kinda thought it would be for the older models.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
I just got the SSBC big Rotor Kit instead.. Only 385 not to bad. It should be here next day or two and I will load pics of before and after when I put it on.

jetstar88

Reaction score
I just got the SSBC big Rotor Kit instead.. Only 385 not to bad. It should be here next day or two and I will load pics of before and after when I put it on.

Changing the subject, but your wheels look perfect, BlackedoutLT3. I know the diameter, but was wondering what width and offset those Boss wheels are?

jetstar88

Reaction score
Oh crap umm I will have to look off hand I don't know.

That's cool...I just ordered a set of Forgeline ZX3Ps from Jon at Driverzinc.com. I photoshopped in the wheel and here's how it will look in 4-5 weeks when my wheels come in. Thanks for your help though. Burb_with_Forgelines.jpg

OP
OP
T

tommyg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Blackedout, definitely post pics, but also a review as to your thoughts once you have them installed. I'm not too interested in the looks, but really interested in the most stopping power for my $. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 AM ----------

oh, and Jetstar, those wheels look awesome. i really like them, esp with the black. post pics of those too!

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered the SSBC 14" rotors and caliper relocation kit along with Hawk ceramic pads for both front and rear...I expect to see a major improvement in braking.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone priced out the Wilwood 6piston front setup? Wife and I are looking at upgrading the brakes on her 08' Burban...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700