Brake upgrade options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to the forums here...we have a 2007 XL Denali that we love. Only one complaint...I wish it had better brakes, especially for when we tow the boat.

I'm not interested in spending $5k to get some outrageous kit with Brembos or whatever, but are there some reasonably priced options out there? I welcome any thoughts/feedback.

Thanks.

OP
OP
T

tommyg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. I guess the downside is that I lose the ability to use my spare tire. The truck has 20's, but I believe the spare is a 17".

OP
OP
T

tommyg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was actually looking at this option, which also includes the calipers. It says 20" and above. My wheels are (stock) 20's, but the spare is a 17.

http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/61A3944A0A0A2381246.aspx

---------- Post added at 06:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

I guess I also wasn't paying too close attention when I looked at the add. Didn't realize that it's close to $1,300 per axle. Yikes, still pretty expensive.

I suppose I could just do the fronts. They're the most important, and then I wouldn't lose my spare tire...

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
New to the forums here...we have a 2007 XL Denali that we love. Only one complaint...I wish it had better brakes, especially for when we tow the boat.

I'm not interested in spending $5k to get some outrageous kit with Brembos or whatever, but are there some reasonably priced options out there? I welcome any thoughts/feedback.

Thanks.

Look into the EBC slotted and dimpled rotors. They are a huge upgrade from stock and well priced at around $250 a rotor.

syndicatesteve

Syndicate Steve
Reaction score
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. I guess the downside is that I lose the ability to use my spare tire. The truck has 20's, but I believe the spare is a 17".
you should be able to find a cheap 20" spare on Craigslist.com or on ebaypicture.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

What's the minimum size wheel? And how come there's no info on Baer's website for this kit?

This is the kit right? http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/61A3974A0A0A2385047.aspx

on Baers website, it states that 20" minimum wheel size...If you have any questions Call Rick at Baer Brakes 602-233-1411 tell them Steve from AZ Kar Tunez told you to call. They are very helpful!!picture.jpg

OP
OP
T

tommyg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There was actually a Baer booth at the local car show today (Good Guys). Talked to the guy. I think I'm going to go with the Baer set-up on the front only, should be plenty good for what I'm looking for. He also said there were 3 caliper brakes available now for an additional $500/axle. Seeing as mine's not for show, just for stopping power, I likely won't go with that option, but will at least give it some thought...

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
There was actually a Baer booth at the local car show today (Good Guys). Talked to the guy. I think I'm going to go with the Baer set-up on the front only, should be plenty good for what I'm looking for. He also said there were 3 caliper brakes available now for an additional $500/axle. Seeing as mine's not for show, just for stopping power, I likely won't go with that option, but will at least give it some thought...

Where u at? This guy might ship:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/1330061459.html

It's a local Phoenix shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts