Brake pad/rotor questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a lot of Suburbans and Escalades! Do you trade them after each oil change

You probably don't want to hear this but if you want to stop, and keep stopping in the hills and mountains of upstate NY, I have a home in The Town of Webb, get the big GM Performance front brakes, I had 6 Suburban's and 12 Escalade's, I tried every combo of aftermarket brake pads and rotors thru the years, my problems stopped when I started adding big brake kits to my GM trucks, but you're talking 8-10k, you can find the big GM fronts for around 2k, and they work, for the price it's a lot of stopping power, stops my trucks. :)

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW: On my '15 Yukon XL Denali I have the Wilwood TX6R 6-Piston 16" Rotor BBK kit on the front and the Wilwood AERO4 4-Piston 14"BBK on the rear. I'm not supercharged or even tuned. My vehicle has an intake and exhaust. I wouldn't say I drive my vehicle too hard, and I wouldn't say I drive it too easy. That being said I have about 47K miles on my Wilwood brake set up and still going strong, they have surprised me with how well they stop my XL Denali.
Does your Willwood kit include provisions for the rear wheel parking brakes?

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your Willwood kit include provisions for the rear wheel parking brakes?

Yes. My factory rear parking brake still works and functions as it should like stock. The only thing we had to do was adjust the rear parking brake shoes outward so that they would work with the new rear Wilwood rotor hat/drum.

I purchased my kit from the guys at accesspeed; https://www.accesspeed.com/11650/3/...tted-lines-fluid-2007-2018-gm-1500-truck.html

Very helpful and nice group of guys, always responsive on emails and questions. One of the owners at the time had a '17 Yukon XL with this brake kit installed and did a lot of towing with his boat/toys and was able to provide a lot of first hand experience on the brake set up before I purchased.

Front & Rear kit, with Wilwood SS brake lines, and Wilwood brake fluid all in shipped for <$4K.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. My factory rear parking brake still works and functions as it should like stock. The only thing we had to do was adjust the rear parking brake shoes outward so that they would work with the new rear Wilwood rotor hat/drum.

I purchased my kit from the guys at accesspeed; https://www.accesspeed.com/11650/3/...tted-lines-fluid-2007-2018-gm-1500-truck.html

Very helpful and nice group of guys, always responsive on emails and questions. One of the owners at the time had a '17 Yukon XL with this brake kit installed and did a lot of towing with his boat/toys and was able to provide a lot of first hand experience on the brake set up before I purchased.

Front & Rear kit, with Wilwood SS brake lines, and Wilwood brake fluid all in shipped for <$4K.
Wow - That's a bargain! I may be leaning towards the Wilwood solution! Thank you.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loving the hawk LTS pads btw. Have them in for a few days now.
They are like stock with a hair more cold
Bite and the pedal firms up when they get warm (pad expansion) and the grip does not fade like the oem pad.

would Definitly do these again.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Good to know you like the Hawk pads. I’ve got a set ready for my next change on my 07.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65