New front brake and rotor squeal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jdwood1111

Reaction score
that's what happens when you heat up brakes, they smell and sometimes smoke (as me how i know lol)
trans adapt reset/relearn happens over about 50 miles of driving no matter if you are driving fast or slow, probably better to drive normal while it does it's thing
Yea I get it I guess I just have never smelled it that much under what I feel like is normalish driving. I’ll see if it does it again this weekend.

The info I read on the trans adapt is it would prompt me to perform certain tasks and you would hear the trans go through some tests and make noises. Nothing happened and the shifts felt the same afterwards.

Side note, I went with Wagner rotors and their high performance oex pads and they do not seem to stop as nice as the centric ones I had previously glazed up.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I get it I guess I just have never smelled it that much under what I feel like is normalish driving. I’ll see if it does it again this weekend.

The info I read on the trans adapt is it would prompt me to perform certain tasks and you would hear the trans go through some tests and make noises. Nothing happened and the shifts felt the same afterwards.

Side note, I went with Wagner rotors and their high performance oex pads and they do not seem to stop as nice as the centric ones I had previously glazed up.
UUUhh, I don't think the transmission should be making any noises. you just tell it to relearn and then just drive it, you most likely will not feel or hear any changes or anything.
where are you getting information telling you it will prompt for something?
if you are talking about a module relearn that is done parked/not moving

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar