Bosch Sprak Plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeanPaul

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys!
So I have a 2004 GMC Yukon XL 5.3
My parents ended up passing it to me, I love the truck, still has plenty of power and I enjoy driving it.
My dad who was the primary driver before it was given to me, didn't take care of it very well. Even though he really didn't watch over it or give it its routine maintenance the truck is 90% mechanically sound.
Ive been putting time and money into it to get it back into great condition.

Im looking to replace the spark plugs and wires rather soon since they have never been replaced and the truck has about 148k and in my past vehicles I've used Bosch spark plugs with good results.
I was looking around and came around these - https://www.pepboys.com/product/det...%20TRUCK/YUKON%20XL%201500/0/V8-325%20%205.3L

Ive used those before in my 2004 Chevy Colorado 5cyl and they performed great.
Now my question is, being that this vehicle has its age and has the miles that it does, would these be a good choice?
And at $5.79 a piece its not too bad especially since I have a 20% off coupon haha.
The engine is completely stock, no modifications or aftermarket performance parts.

Im not able to spend a lot since im kind of a struggling guy here, making my other ends meet.

So if anyone could give me a advice on these it would be greatly appreciated!
Thank You.!

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From everything i have read about these engines most people say to stick with the the OE a/c delco irridium plugs and i have to agree. they`re 41-110`s. I get mine on ebay and can usually find a great deal on a set. They changed the part number to 41-985 and most sites say the 41-110 will not work but it`s BS because i have them in my yukon. I believe they go for $7.99 each at most parts stores but you can get them shipped free for $35 on ebay. I also stick with ac delco wires too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SET-OF-8-AC...ash=item4b0757347e:g:DpoAAOSwFdtXxZ69&vxp=mtr

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id have to agree. Really the only true differences in spark plugs these days are the materials they are made of and how long before they wear down and need replaced. Copper > Platinum > Double Platinum > Iridium shortest longevity to the longest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019