body lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryank99

Reaction score
wasnt sure if i should post in here or the lifted suspension forum becuase i have a LT 2wd and not a z71.
anyway, i'm looking for some opinions on body lift kits. theyre pretty inexpensive compared to suspension kits, but how do they look? do they look obvious that its a body lift instead of a suspension kit??

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not worth the money IMO....

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have the 3" bl and will one day (in the not so near future) be taking it off and putting on a suspension lift kit

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look VERY obvious that you have a body lift, especially if you take the running boards off. The OBS's show too much frame to begin with and a body lift just makes it worse IMO.

OP
OP
R

ryank99

Reaction score
thats kind of what i worried about- seeing too much frame rail. i'm planning on keeping my step bars on, so i'm assuming it would hide it some.

raptor - do you have i side view picture you can post?? i'm curious to see how it looks, i was thinking of the 3" BL myself. you plan to take it off cause you dont like it or just for the suspension upgrade?

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have only seen one hoe with a bl lift that looked very very clean and it took him some real work to make it that way. I'll get you a side pic of my hoe tomorrow. All my profile pics are old and a lot has changed. I plan to eventually take it off because I dont like all of the gaps. When I put it on I wasnt part of the forum and didnt know that you can make a 6" suspension lift give you only 4" of lift.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

And yes the step bars help hide the frame and make it look much more filled in. Im very glad I have mine

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some people don't like tube steps but I've always been a fan of them :)

Spencer2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is mine, i dont have it anymore but still got pics:

before and after demolding

Attachments

• P1010345.jpg
    P1010345.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 26
  • P1010363.jpg
    P1010363.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
R

ryank99

Reaction score
it looks good, but i see how much the frame shows, and i notice that it gapped out between the bumper and rear cargo doors. i'm assuming thats from the BL kit as well

for those who have a suspension lift...how does much does the ride quality change over stock? suitable for a daily driver while keeping the wife and kids "comfortable"?

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I filled in that space between the hatch and the bumper and it looks 10x better than just being open. Who doesnt like tube steps?? I love mine!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
metal2forall