Black Betty 2018 Z71 Silverado....build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ordered a Hellwig rear sway bar kit, pretty good price on Amazon $239 it's pretty much $400 anywhere else

7735.JPG

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Received the Morimoto tail lights not as nice as I expected but they will do, the resistor kit on them was bad so waiting some new resistors to arrive
bought a LED 3rd brake light, had to "fix" it with a dremel wouldn't sit flush and seal against the truck and the wiring harness was backwards but that's typical for china junk, then I cracked it installing it because I tightened the screw to much so waiting for another one to ship, lol bad luck so far.
I bought this 3rd brake light because it is full red led for the brake and cargo lamp function so I just modified it to be full brake led and no cargo lamp function, I've never used the cargo lamp in the last 20 years anyway and if for some reason I do need to the truck has 2 more cargo lamps under the deck edge in the bed which work 10x better than the 3rd brake light one would have.

3RD.jpg 3RD1.jpg 3rd5.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t say what year it fits
fit's 16-18, but I stuck it up against my neighbors silverado which should be the same as yours, it's close a tiny bit shorter in height and a little bit wider, with a little work it might be able to be modded, maybe a combo of trimming the grill and the emblem-maybe.....

bowtie.jpg

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fit's 16-18, but I stuck it up against my neighbors silverado which should be the same as yours, it's close a tiny bit shorter in height and a little bit wider, with a little work it might be able to be modded, maybe a combo of trimming the grill and the emblem-maybe.....

View attachment 239736
Eh. I paid like $75 for my black fillet one so I’ll probably keep it, plus I have the RGB lights in the grill. Sucks about those lights. I was real careful tightening my 3rd brake light up and still heard a crack sound but I can’t see any crack and it’s not leaking. I still have a set of new Depo headlights opened up waiting for paint and to swap the retrofit stuff over. Got distracted lol.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh. I paid like $75 for my black fillet one so I’ll probably keep it, plus I have the RGB lights in the grill. Sucks about those lights. I was real careful tightening my 3rd brake light up and still heard a crack sound but I can’t see any crack and it’s not leaking. I still have a set of new Depo headlights opened up waiting for paint and to swap the retrofit stuff over. Got distracted lol.
this one def shows the crack, lol I was like dam time for a do-over, happened right on the final install after I had to fix the wiring harness twice and had dremeled it just right, it was only $36 so no biggie maybe I can salvage the led board for some other purpose.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seller just messaged me and is sending me another 3rd led brake light for free since it was so janky, I gave him a couple pics of how far off the housing is and what position to change the wire harness to.