Black Betty 2018 Z71 Silverado....build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
little bit of the Tahoe national forest, this is at about 4000 feet, not much snow now but there is a 5 day storm coming in tomorrow it will probably lay down a few more inches inches, 5000 and above will get more

Some good fun right there!!

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the hidden winch install done, there is a X20 12k Smittybuilt behind the bumper, had to order a different fairlead the x20 would stick up about 2" over the bumper cover so I ordered a rough country one that should fit right in.winch.jpg

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the hidden winch install done, there is a X20 12k Smittybuilt behind the bumper, had to order a different fairlead the x20 would stick up about 2" over the bumper cover so I ordered a rough country one that should fit right in.View attachment 358296
Like the glow. Nice touch with the braided thimble to Dyneema. :waytogo:

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it should be when I get those other parts, just a hole right now, I was supposed to receive the fog lights today but they are sitting down the road at the ups distribution center. Came home to a amazon box sitting on the porch and I grabbed it and the wife goes that's mine and I was like no it's mine, I looked at the label and dammit not mine lol

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least there’s no big ol winch sitting out there. Good to see a few guys still getting stuff done. Weather here has been sh*t for weeks, lately it’s been raining every day and about 40. I have zero motivation to get out there snd do anything. Worked too many winters outside, I’m done with that cold sh*t.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least there’s no big ol winch sitting out there. Good to see a few guys still getting stuff done. Weather here has been sh*t for weeks, lately it’s been raining every day and about 40. I have zero motivation to get out there snd do anything. Worked too many winters outside, I’m done with that cold sh*t.
well I don't have anywhere to put a boat or quads, or jet ski's so my options are limited as to what I can do for fun and hitting some 4X4 trails is one of them, there are several within reach around here in the Sierra's I was just watching a video of "poker flat" which is not bad but some of it looks like a tight fit towards the end of the trail. looks interesting but there is probably several feet of snow up there right now making it much more difficult

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks a lot like a place here in the Columbia River Gorge, Mount Defiance. When I was young, my dad had a two way radio transmitter up there for the loggers as part of his communication business. In the summer we used to 4-wheel to the top to the lookout tower where the transmitter and tower we built was. You can’t drive up there any longer, they put a gate up but you can get within a couple miles and then hike the rest of the way. In winter we took snowmobiles up with a trailer to bring propane up for the solar generator but it was super hard, the snow would get 15 feet deep so he bought a snowcat like they use at the ski resorts. One year we were going across a side slope and tossed a track and had to hike a few miles back to the truck, following the snowcat tracks but still sinking up to our waists. Things like this are why I don’t 4-wheel in the snow anymore. Got stuck in places that almost killed me too many times. If you go, be careful and pay attention to the forecast. I see here this weekend the Cascades are expecting 2-3 feet of snow and winds 40-50 mph. It’s the kind of weather that catches adventurers by surprise and they get in but can’t get back out. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n