Black Bear Performance Tunes; DC Metro Area, May 5-6, 2012

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nastynate

Reaction score
f@#k! i would have so done this if i would have known, and i have been looking... geez... baltimore is a hike but i would have gone, how much does it cost for in persin?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$250

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
Just got back from my Black Bear Tune this morning in DC. I don't have the words to describe how great my Tahoe responds now. The trip back to Baltimore was amazing. Feels like I have a brand new truck. Thanks Justin!

That impressive huh? A must do or what?:hmm:

Last edited:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I can't speak for Will, and I've only driven about 10 miles since, but it's already made a huge difference on my truck.

I did a 93 tune specifically targeted to remedy the 6.2s notorious upshift lag issues.

Since this morning's tune the shifts are much crispier, at better shift points, the transmission doesn't try to keep in highest gear as long as possible ... there is still a tiny lag upshifting through the first three gears, but it was getting less the closer I drove to home, and I'm hoping it will be barely noticeable in due course as the 'learn' mode in my transmission figures out my driving style.

I'm not very technical with this stuff, but if I understood correctly the things that were changed were:

- Shift points
- Shift time
- Deactivate fuel management (4-8cyl)
- Something related to throttle
- Speedo calibration (305/40/22)
- 93 Octane
- General fine tuning about stuff I forget :)

I also got the Autocal to save my stock tune and for other potential tunes.

Last edited:

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
Thanks Serge,
Yeah I spose as you drive it and throttle up and down, the PCM will adjust accordingly also(like you said) I have nothing extreme done to my motor either. CAI and omitted stock muffler. Since most of my xtra loot goes to the minitrucking scene. I dont see doing anything more to my motor this year other than E-fans and headers. Just want it to tow better and not have that 1st to second gear blaaahhhh. Ya know?

What did you shell out, if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. You're gonna love it. Now just throw an intake on there. I went to a wedding this week and drove a Tacoma and a Murano and I couldn't wait to get back and drive my truck. The sound the intake makes is awesome especially comparing my truck with BB and intake to those two trucks. I guess when you drive it everyday you don't notice it anymore but when you get away from it and drive another car, you really notice the power and sound when you drive it again.

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
Nice. You're gonna love it. Now just throw an intake on there. I went to a wedding this week and drove a Tacoma and a Murano and I couldn't wait to get back and drive my truck. The sound the intake makes is awesome especially comparing my truck with BB and intake to those two trucks. I guess when you drive it everyday you don't notice it anymore but when you get away from it and drive another car, you really notice the power and sound when you drive it again.

Yep, I got a full intake kit on. Spectre.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have an intake ... actually the 6.2 with my tips and res delete is just the perfect loudness for me. :)

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jenna... You might wanna call Justin and see if he is okay. Being with Serge for any period of time can corrupt the brain. I hope Justin is okay!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442