Bigger y-pipe and exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

capeguy97

Reaction score
Hey everyone, ive been recently looking into redoing my exhaust on my 97 2 door since its current exhaust is garbage. i ould like to have 2.5 inch pipes from the y-pipe back with high flow cats and some kinda loud mufflers (most likely thrush welded till i can afford magnaflows) my problem is i cant seem to find an after market y-pipe. since the factory one is so small, i want to upgrade to 2.5 inch. and has anyone here made a dual exhaust for a 2 door? i wanna do true dual from the y pipe. my friend has a pipe bender if needed. just looking for input, thanks.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
magnaflow has a complete cat assembly that bolts to manifolds. is mandrel bent 2.5 front to back. and the factory is 2.5 from mani to muffler then single 3" out

OP
OP
C

capeguy97

Reaction score
magnaflow has a complete cat assembly that bolts to manifolds. is mandrel bent 2.5 front to back. and the factory is 2.5 from mani to muffler then single 3" out
id imagine thats pretty expensive. the exhaust on it now its a rotted out flowmo 70 and 2 inch dual tail pipes

OP
OP
C

capeguy97

Reaction score
does that come with high flow cats? or just oem style? and what about x pipes? does anyone run them?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
dude it is everything in the photo the cross over pipes, hi flow cats and rear flange. several use the new cat assembly as the need to get new converters arises. and we dont cross pipe them at all. not practical here anyway.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Call pacesetter, get some longtubes and their crossover pipe, its BOLT in, then hit any manufacture you want for a bolt in 3" cat back.
Buy a high flow cat of your choosing thats correct diameter for the Y pipe and bolt the stuff in...
It will put you in basic form, headers, oversized Y pipe, to a single 3" catback, Cheap and very effective for a stock or even mild performance engine.
This isnt rocket science.

You will come out with a complete new exhaust front to rear, gain a large amount of power and sound.
If you get part numbers for these 4 parts and shop around you will come in WELL under 1k.

If you try and do some trickery with a Xpipe it will need to be custom, as the x pipe must be equal distance from both manifold or collector flanges to see its true gains.
So go with Simple and efficient.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

capeguy97

Reaction score
okay i didnt see anything about what kinda cats that came with. ive looked into catback systems but havent found much that i liked and theyre kinda pricey. is duals all the way back a bad idea? im just trying to find out whats best so i dont spend a bunch of money and end up unhappy since im on a tight budget.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec