Bigger y-pipe and exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
as you see in the picture on the converters. you can see the flange on the back of it with piping to the muffler. you can cut it there and split the sides on the left and right hand side of gas tank easily. you can not however reposition the cats or split them farther apart. dual out as i described it are a common mods for 2dr. units.

flowmaster has a kit 17165 that sell for about $370. same as 4dr for sound and power but with a short front pipe because the shorter body. it is a cat back with a right side ext. it is supposed to be for 2dr only and while it is not on flowmasters application guide it does exist. http://www.jegs.com/i/Flowmaster/389/17165/10002/-1

OP
OP
C

capeguy97

Reaction score
as you see in the picture on the converters. you can see the flange on the back of it with piping to the muffler. you can cut it there and split the sides on the left and right hand side of gas tank easily. you can not however reposition the cats or split them farther apart. dual out as i described it are a common mods for 2dr. units.

flowmaster has a kit 17165 that sell for about $370. same as 4dr for sound and power but with a short front pipe because the shorter body. it is a cat back with a right side ext. it is supposed to be for 2dr only and while it is not on flowmasters application guide it does exist. http://www.jegs.com/i/Flowmaster/389/17165/10002/-1
i think im gunna end up buying the magnaflow y-pipe/cat assembly and then buy all 2.5 pipes and some loud mufflers. my friend said hed bend all the pipe for me

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your friend is bending all the pipe for you just have him bend you the new y pipe. :uhoh2:

RedCrush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just get a muffler that has dual 2.5 inlets and 2.5 outlets and have a muffler shop install and bend all the piping from the muffler back? If you are trying to save some cash? That will act as your X of H Pipe and change out the O2 sensors while you are there. You're probably looking around 250 for the cheaper route, and If you go Sunlit's route, 400 and a couple of hours of install time. Both will have similiar results just Sunlits route is better but 100 bucks for or so.

http://discountperformanceauto.com/...10&network=g&gclid=CLq5nubsgbcCFYyi4AodHlwAUg

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

capeguy97

Reaction score
Why not just get a muffler that has dual 2.5 inlets and 2.5 outlets and have a muffler shop install and bend all the piping from the muffler back? If you are trying to save some cash? That will act as your X of H Pipe and change out the O2 sensors while you are there. You're probably looking around 250 for the cheaper route, and If you go Sunlit's route, 400 and a couple of hours of install time. Both will have similiar results just Sunlits route is better but 100 bucks for or so.

http://discountperformanceauto.com/...10&network=g&gclid=CLq5nubsgbcCFYyi4AodHlwAUg
does a dual in dual out muffler sound any different than 2 mufflers? not to sound like a douche but im a kid and want my tahoe to be pretty loud

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does a dual in dual out muffler sound any different than 2 mufflers? not to sound like a douche but im a kid and want my tahoe to be pretty loud

Yes they sound different.

Only douches want loud Tahoes so you are in what one would call a "catch 22" here kid ...

OP
OP
C

capeguy97

Reaction score
well change of plans! my friend pretty much gave me a set of ****** longtube headers yesterday... is there special y pipes for longtubes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC