Better late than never... first time Tahoe owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tomgilk

tomgilk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from the Treasure Coast, did you win?

Heck yeah, that's a big $5'er right there.

Thanks guys, going to probably redo the 3rd row lighting with something from the usb-c port in the back. Not happy with my first attempt overall but just wanted to see how it looked and it definitely needs to be permanent. Going to try one of those kits you can put around your TV.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Great looking truck!

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really nice camera work too!

OP
OP
tomgilk

tomgilk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words guys. I was deciding if I really needed the 3rd row lights and in my first pictures they were just stick on battery powered lights I had in my house. After 2 days I decided its definitely necessary. So I got these stick on LEDs that are generally meant for going behind a TV, used the home power source in the back and hooked them up under the 3rd row, totally ties the whole thing together and definitely worth the $14.

Without them, the 3rd row is just this sad dark hole, now it looks awesome. The video definitely shows it best.

Short video here

This is what I used
lights3.jpg

lights1.jpg

lights2.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words guys. I was deciding if I really needed the 3rd row lights and in my first pictures they were just stick on battery powered lights I had in my house. After 2 days I decided its definitely necessary. So I got these stick on LEDs that are generally meant for going behind a TV, used the home power source in the back and hooked them up under the 3rd row, totally ties the whole thing together and definitely worth the $14.

Without them, the 3rd row is just this sad dark hole, now it looks awesome. The video definitely shows it best.

Short video here

This is what I used
View attachment 264630

View attachment 264631

View attachment 264632
With the music it reminds me of stage lighting. Looks great.

OP
OP
tomgilk

tomgilk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PS those back of the TV lights suck. They get jacked up when you fold the seats down. I found a similar solution for the 3rd row to the rest of the car that I was able to plug into the power outlet in the back.

Now the 3rd row is more colorful than ever!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know I’m a little late to the game, but I would like to add my welcome to the forum from Iowa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518