Better late than never... first time Tahoe owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomgilk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to sign up here, I'm obsessed. I've had a lot of great (and not so great) SUVs over the years but this is unlike anything else I've ever had.

Thanks to a sweetheart deal from a friend within Ford, in 2015 we bought a brand new pimped out Expedition at a laughingly low price. It looked great but this thing was nothing but problems after 40k miles. So many issues, transmissions exploding etc, just a nightmare of a car. It was unceremoniously totaled (icing on the **** cake) right at the turn of 2020.

After that, I just couldn't decide on anything. The 'rona raged out of control and thus having my business that operates from my own home I was in no rush to make any mistakes again.

Time went on and on and I was just not into anything. I used to only have Nissans but the new Pathfinder is poo and the Armada has so many things that irk me I couldn't do it. I really wanted a Toyota but the 4Runner is just too damn small (I'm pretty tall) and the Sequoia is solid but can they ever update it a little bit? Buying a new car that looks the same from 12+ years ago is hard to swallow.

I wasted so much time looking at all of these different SUVs and not liking anything, eventually I saw the 2021 Tahoe Z71... holy hell.

No one in my family has had a Chevy, I've never had one but as soon as we saw it, we knew. This car is on a whole new level and I am absolutely obsessed with it. We were able to get it within just a few days of them coming out and I couldn't really be any happier.

I've been having fun adding some basic stuff to it (lights, mats, roof rack, router etc) but I wanted to sign up here because I think I've been missing out for a long time. I'm now noticing a lot of older models and even those look damn good.

Here are some pics and videos, hoping to learn a lot here!

Thanks all.

This is the best video. Random people walking by and having a dance party (for the 'gram apparently) in front of the car because I had the lights synced up to the music at the restaurant.
Video 1

This video is from tonight when I took the below pictures.
Video 2

tahoe1.jpg

tahoe2.jpg

tahoe3.jpg

tahoe4.jpg

tahoe6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts