Best valve springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mechanic421

06 Denali XL
Reaction score
I have stage 2 hi lift cam,cathedral port heads duel 660 springs I did use summit racing.105 wall push rods and bronze trunnions. Sounds nice at 5800!forgot Vinci matched lifters . I did have a issue with one lifter not compressing but Roger Vinci handles customer service himself and had one out quickly.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Checked out their site. Makes me want to install a new cam in the 2012 for a proper DoD delete, complete with new lifters, pushrods, springs, rockers, timing chain/sprockets and seals.
I would do that for sure. That would be the only way for me to have peace of mind. I have nothing but the best to say about VHP. Roger Vinci is an awesome guy who will go out of the way to make sure you’re taken care of and answer questions. You should consider a more aggressive cam while you’re doing it- that’s cheap HP.

OP
OP
Geotrash

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would do that for sure. That would be the only way for me to have peace of mind. I have nothing but the best to say about VHP. Roger Vinci is an awesome guy who will go out of the way to make sure you’re taken care of and answer questions. You should consider a more aggressive cam while you’re doing it- that’s cheap HP.
Roger has a real nice "towing cam" on his site, too. Prices are attractive and the springs he sells for the kit are duals - cheap insurance. Gonna work up a parts list for the job and will share it back here when I'm through. I'll have to budget in a tune as well. Will probably tackle that oil pump o-ring while I'm in there before it fails. Should make a real nice project over a couple of weekends in December. Thanks for weighing in.

Last edited:

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roger has a real nice "towing cam" on his site, too. Prices are attractive and the springs he sells for the kit are doubles - cheap insurance. Gonna work up a parts list for the job and will share it back here when I'm through. I'll have to budget in a tune as well. Will probably tackle that oil pump o-ring while I'm in there before it fails. Should make a real nice project over a couple of weekends in December. Thanks for weighing in.

I highly suggest dual springs no matter how mild the cam is.

20200916_191510 (1).jpg 20200916_191238 (1).jpg

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scary pics! Excellent advice - thanks to this thread, dual springs are the way I will go.

I know Vinci is a big fan of lower lift cams to prevent this but dual springs have no downside that I know of besides a slightly higher initial cost. If I had dual springs from the start I would have just saved myself over $1,000.

Also Vinci has such awesome customer service!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked out their site. Makes me want to install a new cam in the 2012 for a proper DoD delete, complete with new lifters, pushrods, springs, rockers, timing chain/sprockets and seals.

Well, you ARE after peace of mind...

Since you'll have the heads off, may I suggest a shave to get the chambers down to 65 or even 64 CC and some thinner head gaskets to net .035" quench?

Last edited:

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, you ARE after peace of mind...

Since you'll have the heads off, may I suggest a shave to get the chambers down to 65 or even 64 CC and some thinner head gaskets to net .035" quench?

Gatoraid quenches my thirst well, But I've never tried a head gasket-metal shaving cocktail :cheers:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gatoraid quenches my thirst well, But I've never tried a head gasket-metal shaving cocktail :cheers:

Works great! Both build compression but shorter quench height helps to stave off detonation. I did both to mine, but the guy only took my chambers to 65cc. I would've rather had then at 64cc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26