Best Sway Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tx tahoe z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your Bilsteins may have helped dampen any negtives the sway bar could have caused.
Honestly, if I had to choose to put a sway bar on any year Tahoe, I would choose the rear only, as the front bar, esp. on the 07-Up models, is huge, can't get much bigger!
Plus the rear is where most body roll comes from any way.....

Very true about the Bilsteins helping the ride quality. I had the swaybars on first, and there was a huge improvement once I added the Bilsteins as well.

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soo is bigger better? I've been lookin for a set for the rear and am only seeing .83" to 1.25" diameter which doesn't sound like too much of a difference in range but the body roll is killing me I just don't wanna have too harsh of a ride

mikeb33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soo is bigger better? I've been lookin for a set for the rear and am only seeing .83" to 1.25" diameter which doesn't sound like too much of a difference in range but the body roll is killing me I just don't wanna have too harsh of a ride

.83" to 1.25" is a huge difference! Just like a 20" pizza is more than twice as big as 10" one.
Typically larger antisway bars do little to hurt the ride quality.

tx tahoe z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score

.83" to 1.25" is a huge difference! Just like a 20" pizza is more than twice as big as 10" one.
Typically larger antisway bars do little to hurt the ride quality.

True, you are looking at more than a 50% increase in circumference when going from .83 to 1.25. You are going to feel the difference.

desozapeaterr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Badapeg
My name is Peaterr Bilsteins may have helped dampen any negtives the sway bar could have caused.Honestly, if I had to choose to put a sway bar on any year Tahoe, I would choose the rear only.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Badapeg
My name is Peaterr Bilsteins may have helped dampen any negtives the sway bar could have caused.Honestly, if I had to choose to put a sway bar on any year Tahoe, I would choose the rear only.

Why would you only upgrade the rear?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Because the rear has the most sway, and the front bar is almost as thick and heavy as it could possible be, go look at it and you will see. I know because I removed it once to upgrade the bushes and it was real heavy!!!
Personally I think upgrading the front bar is a waster of money on these 07-2010 trucks, if I do upgrade mine, it will be the rear only!

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because the rear has the most sway, and the front bar is almost as thick and heavy as it could possible be, go look at it and you will see. I know because I removed it once to upgrade the bushes and it was real heavy!!!
Personally I think upgrading the front bar is a waster of money on these 07-2010 trucks, if I do upgrade mine, it will be the rear only!

There was a guy on TYF from Peddlers who said the same thing, but I cant verify it because I can't remember his darn user name. He was the one who posted up about the Dodge Energy Challenger he helped build a suspension kit for.

B

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ yeah I have not modified a truck/SUV suspension for better handling on the street. As for sports coupes, when I only changed the rear sway bar it did not handle well (wanted to try it before I put the front on). With the rear only upgraded, it over rotated to easily on aggressive corners. I guess that would be good for drifting...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts