Best lift, 2011 Tahoe LT?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chief1057

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know that is a broad question that will produce a lot of different answers. I'm looking to do at least a 6" and run 35-37s. I want something that is going to ride good as a lifted vehicle can ride and I don't mind spending money. It will be my daily plus going up in the mountains for camping, fishing, etc. I'm looking at this lift from Fabtech:

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/fabte...-dirt-logic-ss-shock-k1021dl/_/R-BKBN-K1021DL

Curious if anyone is running it? What are your running? Looking for some reviews. I've never owned a Tahoe, I inherited it. I'm a Jeep guy (probably a dirty word around here)

Thanks.

arctictwist

Reaction score
I know that is a broad question that will produce a lot of different answers. I'm looking to do at least a 6" and run 35-37s. I want something that is going to ride good as a lifted vehicle can ride and I don't mind spending money. It will be my daily plus going up in the mountains for camping, fishing, etc. I'm looking at this lift from Fabtech:

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/fabte...-dirt-logic-ss-shock-k1021dl/_/R-BKBN-K1021DL

Curious if anyone is running it? What are your running? Looking for some reviews. I've never owned a Tahoe, I inherited it. I'm a Jeep guy (probably a dirty word around here)

Thanks.

From what i understand the fabtech lift doesnt relocate the rear control arms and causes the axle to shift forward. Ive seen that some guys order those brackets from pro comp directly or use a kit that includes them

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Bulletproof 6-8” with pro comp rear drop brackets or bds 6.5” or mcgaugys 7-9

arctictwist

Reaction score
Just a note on the Mcgaughys lift, the instructions leave a lot of info out, def check bolts before starting, i didnt and was missing or had the wrong size for quite a few spots, and the finish already has rust coming through on quite a few places. The positives - its well built, the parts are heavy duty. its a fairly complete kit, no hacking up the differential.... and the truck looks great.

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score

Thanks.

I don't think you will get 37's in there without doing some cutting. I am running a 4 inch lift with 35's and with a steel front bumper I have plenty of clearance on the front and the rear only rubs when I hit large drops while turning.

I stuck with a 4 inch lift to keep things simple and I still wanted good street manors since it is my daily driver as well as my overlander. For what you are doing a 4 inch lift should be enough. The Rancho 4 inch lift I have works great and the RS7000 suspension is very smooth even when running 70 mph plus in the desert. I love getting this thing airborne and it still feels solid. Off road it does very well and it has lifted a wheel off the ground more than once. It has been to Rubicon, all over Moab and in the deserts of Az and of course all over Nevada

Mine is the farthest thing from a Tahoe street queen you will ever see. It gets dirty and has a lot of Nevada pin stripes on it from the trees and bushes and even a few dings here and there...

The down side... Rancho stopped making this lift kit for these since not enough people want to lift them...

Konvict knows more than I do on a 6 inch lift and has certainly done a lot of work to get his working right. By his recommendation I have been considering getting a Baja kit control arms and king suspension with the 11 1/2 inch travel.....

IMG_0185.png