best Hi/Lo bulbs? or should i get projector lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yzracer02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just went to autozone and bought the best zxe silverstar hi and lo beam bulbs. i thought they would be much better than my other sylvania bulbs but they werent much better. and they were 130 for 4 bulbs. so i might try to return them . Which bulbs would be better or somethin thats whiter or maybe have a blue tint ? i also thought about doin projection lights but i have only seen one style and dont care for them much. its an 03 tahoe thats all blacked out. everything but the hi/low headlights are tinted and blacked out.

siktaho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Silverstar is a joke, get your money back. Might wanna consider an HID kit instead. If u want something blue I suggest an 8k set up

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The silverstars are a waste of $ IMO. A PNP HID kit can be bought for under $40. Otherwise a low beam retro will give the best lighting but that is more expensive.....I went from a PNP kit to a retro and the difference is night/day. All depends on what you wanna spend on your vehicle's lighting.....

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no projectors, every one ive seen are crap IMO at least for light ouput

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by low beam retro?

Basicaly retrofitting a new set of projectors into your stock housing(s) to run HID bulbs the correct way. HID bulbs are not meant for stock housings-they may look good but usually throw off an annoying and unwanted blinding glare into oncoming traffic......

As far as the Denali goes-mine came with factory Halogen projectors and I had a retrofitter remove the halogen projector and replace it with a projector made for a HID bulb. See my gallery for pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman