Best fridge for Tahoe Z-71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasLC

Reaction score
I've been looking into possibly adding a fridge to the Tahoe and I've seen that there's a factory fridge for Yukons and Escalades it appears.

Can that same fridge be installed in a '21 Tahoe?

If so, I'm curious if the cost is prohibitive to the amount of space saved by not putting a fridge in the rear cargo area...

Any advice would be welcomed.

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know what size you are looking for....like console cooler or larger. I use a

Dometic CFX3 45.​

It works great and plugs into the 12V plug in the back of my Sub. They have various sizes.
They have them on amazon or other places.

JGinLA

Reaction score
Iceco JP42 is a cooler/refrigerator/freezer so you can put ice in it in a pinch. In our case I added enough water to cover a layer of small water bottles. I freeze it on 110 AC from the house the night before a trip, then switch to the included converter upon leaving. The bottles prevent sloshing when not in use. If you drive far enough every day the ice stays frozen. If you have to drive some distance to buy groceries, you can set them on the ice and go get a meal without worrying.
It fits behind the third row in our '22 Tahoe. In our '16 Yukon I had to lower the seat. Amazon has white and blue under $500, khaki is more.
We also have a smaller Engel between the second row seats. Plenty of electricity for both of them.

Last edited:

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Yukon had the center console safe installed by the dealership before I took delivery, so I don't have the luxury of installing a fridge in the center console. Does anyone have pictures of their rear-mounted fridges to post?

Shrubs2K2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We use the Joytutus 42 qt (TIAA3001-01302) from Amazon. It fits perfectly between our second row captain seats and plug it into the 110 outlet. Works on DC to but never tried it on DC.