Cut Tire w/less than 500 Miles on Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jwedge

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If that tire came apart on its own, I would think it would be warranted. But if there is any reason or any evidence to show that it has been cut, you’ll have to pay for it out of pocket, I’m pretty sure.
If it truly did it on its own and came apart, that could be scary for a lot of owners and should be a big deal to the mfg....

remember the Firestone issue!

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any chance you could take these off brand new and get some decent money for them? I'd put it toward Michelins....

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I reread the first post. How or why would someone slash the inside of the tire? Seems to me that would take some work and risk exposure.

I do not believe it was slashed by a person

Last edited:
OP
OP
Micahsd

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the new tire today from my dealer and while they see it as an obvious cut from somewhere they were kind enough to "goodwill" it and give it to me for free. Thought that was good of them although I'm guessing they easily made up that cost somewhere on me.

Thanks for all the replies.

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Years ago wife had a blow out on the interstate after midnight with our young child in her brand new Chevy. Dealer said it was a blow out caused by low air and refused to replace the tire. Vehicle had less than 100 miles on it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC