Hi I'm new here, and I wanna know about Auburn Select-A-Lock diffs for my 2003 Tahoe, 4wd? I wanna use them in the front and rear. Anyone use them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TommyNomad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a car and Harley collector, and I'm thinking of putting the "Auburn Gear, Select-A-Lock" diffs in the front and rear of my 2003 Tahoe. I haven't decided to use that, or just a posi in the rear, (much cheaper with a posi), but absolutely in the front. Has anyone had any experiences with them?? I'm in the Long Island area of NYC, but i'm sick of it here, and looking to move back up to the mountains, in the Catskills area in Greene County. The snow can be EXTREME up there, and I've seen stock 4wd's get stuck. With the right tires, and power to all four wheels, I don't think i'll have any problems. I like the idea of being able to lock up the front axle, and at least have posi in the rear, and I think that I should be able to handle most situations. (There's always the winch). But a little bit of lift for extra clearance, with an aggressive tire, or studded snows, with 4 wheel lockup ability sounds like a good plan. I just don't wanna make an expensive mistake. So if any of you out there have use this diff, or have any other suggestions for more traction/control outta the front diff, please let me know. Thanks for any/all the help.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a car and Harley collector, and I'm thinking of putting the "Auburn Gear, Select-A-Lock" diffs in the front and rear of my 2003 Tahoe. I haven't decided to use that, or just a posi in the rear, (much cheaper with a posi), but absolutely in the front. Has anyone had any experiences with them?? I'm in the Long Island area of NYC, but i'm sick of it here, and looking to move back up to the mountains, in the Catskills area in Greene County. The snow can be EXTREME up there, and I've seen stock 4wd's get stuck. With the right tires, and power to all four wheels, I don't think i'll have any problems. I like the idea of being able to lock up the front axle, and at least have posi in the rear, and I think that I should be able to handle most situations. (There's always the winch). But a little bit of lift for extra clearance, with an aggressive tire, or studded snows, with 4 wheel lockup ability sounds like a good plan. I just don't wanna make an expensive mistake. So if any of you out there have use this diff, or have any other suggestions for more traction/control outta the front diff, please let me know. Thanks for any/all the help.

I didn't think our front differentials were strong enough for lockers, is this a new product?

For 99.9% of situations, a front locker, while nice to have is not necessary. A G80 in the rear is nice and simple and there when you need it and disengages when you don't.

A 4x4 with a G80 and KO2 tires will get you through just about anything.

DirtDigler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A s far as i know, mo one makes a locker for our front diff. I have an Auburn ECTED E-locker in rear and it absolutely works great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yoshi101