Best Dash mat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mikez71

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Elmo covering the interior, Kermit on the exterior.. interesting!

Scrappycrow

Reaction score
Do any dash covers have a cutout for the center speaker? I'm not exactly an audiophile these days, but I can use all the mids/highs I can get, so I don't want something muffling that speaker if possible.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do any dash covers have a cutout for the center speaker? I'm not exactly an audiophile these days, but I can use all the mids/highs I can get, so I don't want something muffling that speaker if possible.
A generic dash cover , probably don't allow for speakers.... "made to fit - year/model" covers should have just a thinner material on bottom.... on better quality manufacturers.

Scrappycrow

Reaction score
A generic dash cover , probably don't allow for speakers.... "made to fit - year/model" covers should have just a thinner material on bottom.... on better quality manufacturers.
Sure, I understand a generic one won't. I'm specifically asking about ones made to fit our GMT900s. Many of them mention a cutout for the sensor, but I haven't run across any that specifically say they have a cutout for the speaker. The DashMat brand says this, which isn't particularly helpful: "Speakers are generally covered to protect them, but there are cases when not, depending on the complexity of the speaker and/or if the speaker may be raised or not."

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure, I understand a generic one won't. I'm specifically asking about ones made to fit our GMT900s. Many of them mention a cutout for the sensor, but I haven't run across any that specifically say they have a cutout for the speaker. The DashMat brand says this, which isn't particularly helpful: "Speakers are generally covered to protect them, but there are cases when not, depending on the complexity of the speaker and/or if the speaker may be raised or not."
I got mine from 'CoverKing' ( Orange County, Ca).... Call them about your concern.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oscarrgv