Best backup camera install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Crippin87

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah man I wish you would have waited just a couple more days. I started the build and am about halfway there one it. I havent had a lot of time to dedicate to it this last week I have been crazy busy but I plan to finish it up Thursday and hopefully get it posted that night.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Ah man I wish you would have waited just a couple more days. I started the build and am about halfway there one it. I havent had a lot of time to dedicate to it this last week I have been crazy busy but I plan to finish it up Thursday and hopefully get it posted that night.

I'm being a good, patient boy over here. Now hurry up!

OP
OP
Crippin87

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok here we go lol. It's gonna get pretty long and lots of pic so bare with me. If anyone has any questions just let me know an I will answer them the best I can.

OP
OP
Crippin87

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are going to want to start by taking the very back piece with the lock ring off and pull off the inside white plastic piece

IMG_0847.JPG

OP
OP
Crippin87

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After you get the white piece out you can pull the clip out that holds back the spring (easiest way is to slide a pair of skinny needle nose pliers inside the piece and push down on the spring to take the pressure off of it.) this is what you will end up with once everything comes apart, and this is the order things will need to be put in when reassembling.

IMG_0848.JPG

OP
OP
Crippin87

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once you get it all apart and laid out, you can pull the cap off the end (the piece you push to open the window)

IMG_0849.JPG

OP
OP
Crippin87

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These 3 parts are the important ones. And they all separate from each other. The 2 skinnier pieces can be a little difficult to separate but they will come apart.

IMG_0850.JPG

OP
OP
Crippin87

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next you will need to dremel out the bigger end of the housing until the camera fits inside. You don't want to go too much so it still fits kind of snug and you don't have to go real far inside the piece. This is a time consuming process because you will have to keep checking the fit. I would also suggest holding the other end with a pair of channel locks because it gets pretty hot.

IMG_0851.JPG

IMG_0852.JPG