BDS vs. Fabtech 6" - need help deciding!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ttusomeone

Reaction score
I putting a lift on my 2017 Z71 Tahoe. I was planning to go with a BDS but have heard a lot of good things about Fabtech. Seems like the guys I talk with about Fabtech love theirs and the BDS guys say the same thing about BDS. It seems BDS has the edge when it comes to warranty, but Fabtech's lift is actually higher.

What are people's experiences here? I need some help deciding one way or another.

OP
OP
ttusomeone

ttusomeone

Reaction score
Alright - decided to go with the BDS and placed the order today. 6" lift with Fuel Maverick 20x10 -12 wheels with Toyo AT2
295/60R20 tires. Also getting the Amp Powerstep installed. I'll post some pics on the picture thread when it's done.

Etraeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do both of them work with the leveling system? We got an early Pro Comp 6"lift and it doesn't work with the factory leveling system, so every time we turn it on, we get an error on the dash board. Just need to push a button to clear it, but kinda a pain in the arse.

OP
OP
ttusomeone

ttusomeone

Reaction score
Do both of them work with the leveling system? We got an early Pro Comp 6"lift and it doesn't work with the factory leveling system, so every time we turn it on, we get an error on the dash board. Just need to push a button to clear it, but kinda a pain in the arse.

I believe both can be ordered to accommodate the leveling system, but my Tahoe doesn't have that so I didn't research it extensively.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
The BDS can work with autoride if you get rear shock extensions from another manufacturer. I like the BDS and I would opt for the coilover upgrade.

OP
OP
ttusomeone

ttusomeone

Reaction score
The BDS can work with autoride if you get rear shock extensions from another manufacturer. I like the BDS and I would opt for the coilover upgrade.

I definitely considered the coilover upgrade, but for the money decided to go with the Amp Research step instead. I figured if I didn't like the way it drove and thought the coilovers would help, I could always upgrade to them down the road.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I definitely considered the coilover upgrade, but for the money decided to go with the Amp Research step instead. I figured if I didn't like the way it drove and thought the coilovers would help, I could always upgrade to them down the road.

You will love the difference with coilovers. Just save for a couple months and throw them on. You also need some 1.25" or 1.5" rear wheel spacers to even track width to match front.

OP
OP
ttusomeone

ttusomeone

Reaction score
You will love the difference with coilovers. Just save for a couple months and throw them on. You also need some 1.25" or 1.5" rear wheel spacers to even track width to match front.

My shop quoted $1,600 for the Fox 2.5 coilovers with the external reservoir. That sound right to you?

I have 1.5 inch spacers on there now with the stock wheels, so I can reuse them on the back if needed - thanks for the advice!

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
My shop quoted $1,600 for the Fox 2.5 coilovers with the external reservoir. That sound right to you?

I have 1.5 inch spacers on there now with the stock wheels, so I can reuse them on the back if needed - thanks for the advice!

Yeah sounds fair value. The 2.5s are much better than 2.0s for the little cost difference. No problem just leave the rear set on and remove the fronts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne