Battery Tender with De-sulfication Built It

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the NOCO Genius10. Thanks for reminding me to go plug it in! Haven't used repair mode, yet.

• Meet the GENIUS10 - Similar to our G7200, just better. It's 17% smaller and delivers 115% more power. And it's simpler and easier to use than ever before.
  • Do more with Genius - Designed for 6-volt and 12-volt lead-acid automotive, marine, and deep-cycle batteries, including flooded, gel, AGM, and maintenance-free, plus lithium-ion batteries.
  • Enjoy precision charging - An integrated thermal sensor detects the ambient temperature and alters the charge to eliminate over-charging in hot climates and under-charging in cold climates.
  • Charge dead batteries - Charges dead batteries as low as 1-volt. Or use the all-new Force Mode that allows you to take control and manually begin charging dead batteries down to zero volts.
  • Simple to set up and use - Plug-in, connect to the battery, select a charge mode, and start charging your battery. A fully-automatic, worry-free battery charger for year-round use.
  • Restore your battery - Detects sulfation and acid stratification and restores lost performance for stronger engine starts and extended battery life.
  • Compatible with all types of vehicles - Charge and maintain cars, motorcycles, lawnmowers, ATVs, tractors, trucks, SUVs, boats, classic cars, hot rods, and more - you name it.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a H6 Champion 760CHAGM. They’re made by Clarios which is a subsidiary of Johnson Control LOL or Optima.

If the label says Made in Mexico, then the battery was produced in the Monterrey facility.
If the label says Made in the US, then the battery was produced in the Wisconsin facility.

Looks identical to mine except for the gray case. Same specs, etc. Mine was made in Germany- Good? Bad? Meh?

IMG_E5618.JPG

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Cool, sounds like one of the Bosch batteries still on the shelf when they switched to the Champion name plate.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 2 new agm batteries recently off rock auto. acdelco branded. one for the yokon. these hybrid ones use their 12v in crazy ways and are super picky about them. so far so good.

no clue who makes them, I know only a few companies left make batteries and rebrand them a bunch of ways. but I couldn't decide what I wanted to buy, and ended up just going with acdelco off rock auto. funny I checked the date code on them from ACDELCO website just to see if they had been sitting on a shelf for a long time. came back with a date of either 3 months into the future or 10 years ago. neither made sense, emailed acdelco asking and they said the battery are very new, they just print the labels in batches ahead of time. so I got some that had just be made. weird thing do to in the age of Lazer printed labels and amazing they responded to me.

I've been thinking of trying the lithium in the corvette to save the weight. wouldn't make much sense in a suv thou.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 2 new agm batteries recently off rock auto. acdelco branded. one for the yokon. these hybrid ones use their 12v in crazy ways and are super picky about them. so far so good.

no clue who makes them, I know only a few companies left make batteries and rebrand them a bunch of ways. but I couldn't decide what I wanted to buy, and ended up just going with acdelco off rock auto. funny I checked the date code on them from ACDELCO website just to see if they had been sitting on a shelf for a long time. came back with a date of either 3 months into the future or 10 years ago. neither made sense, emailed acdelco asking and they said the battery are very new, they just print the labels in batches ahead of time. so I got some that had just be made. weird thing do to in the age of Lazer printed labels and amazing they responded to me.

I've been thinking of trying the lithium in the corvette to save the weight. wouldn't make much sense in a suv thou.
Would you mind sharing some links for any of those batteries? I'd really like to look at the specs. And thank you!!!

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you mind sharing some links for any of those batteries? I'd really like to look at the specs. And thank you!!!

rockauto website doesn't directly link well from my phone. but go to their site and put 88864541 on the search and they pop up. that or just search by your make and model truck.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great thread....

I have a BMW battery that's sat in the trunk all winter and I'll probably need a good way to clean/charge it up over the regular charger I have.

Also: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/automotive-battery-group-48-odyssey-48-720

This is the battery I recently bought. Supposedly it's one of the better ones out there, and this was the best price I could find. The great thing about FCP Euro is that they have their own parts replacement guarantee on anything/everything they sell (on top of mfg. warranty), and once your parts fail they will replace them for free (you cover shipping).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC