bagging the rear!! ''set n forget''

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where are you at with this Mod?

I'm still waiting for my djm upper control arms to reset the front and get within alignment specs then I'll order up the rear bag set-up.

i did djm lca s and turned down my stock torsions all the way and it still alligned fine.

OP
OP
goozdenali

goozdenali

Banned - Bad dealings with members
Reaction score
im gonna start putting everything together sunday ill post some pics, my brackets are pretty much gonna be like ssmurdered did on his

Badluck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front looks just right.

MOB

I don't know what it is with this truck but it seems like it has to fight me every inch of the way. I had to cut, heat, and pound out the ball joints when putting in the drop spindles. I bent my own ball joint press, a loaner, and cracked my replacement ball joint press attempting to remove the ball joints before I decided to cut them out.

Everybody I have talked to said it should align but it doesn't. SO....djmdirect sold me the uppers and camber plates for more adjustability. Now I just have to install it and hope the shop can get it set as low as I want. Then on to static baggin the rear.

big mean

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just wondering if you guys that mount your bags over the upper CA have checked your CA bushings. THe only reason I ask is the CA was not meant to carry the load of the vehicle, mainly to keep the wheel in place. I am not bashing at all, I know there were several mazda's back in tha day that ran this and several ended up with bent UCA's and very worn bushings.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if you guys that mount your bags over the upper CA have checked your CA bushings. THe only reason I ask is the CA was not meant to carry the load of the vehicle, mainly to keep the wheel in place. I am not bashing at all, I know there were several mazda's back in tha day that ran this and several ended up with bent UCA's and very worn bushings.

mines on the lower.. the bracket is at/over the upper. the only reason to put it ON the upper is awd.. i think i have said mine was over upper before.. but i meant the bracket not the actual setup.. sorry for the confusion

big mean

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
mines on the lower.. the bracket is at/over the upper. the only reason to put it ON the upper is awd.. i think i have said mine was over upper before.. but i meant the bracket not the actual setup.. sorry for the confusion

No problem at all, just wanted to let people know there COULD be issues of mounting the bag directly to the UCA. And hey, maybe there wont...lol

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem at all, just wanted to let people know there COULD be issues of mounting the bag directly to the UCA. And hey, maybe there wont...lol

IF you do mount to uca you should make sure your mounts are as far out as possible.. as close to the spindle as you can get.. thats for sure.

OP
OP
goozdenali

goozdenali

Banned - Bad dealings with members
Reaction score
So my rear bags are finally in!!! as for the brackets i cut down the lower spring perch and welded the bottom plate on to that, and the top i used a 1 1/2 cup on the plate and bolted it up to the top. im using a chasis tech 2500 but i got some 2600 coming in. rides alot better than springs , the only issue im having is i cant comletly smash it because now my rear shifted over about 1 1/2 over my quarter. im probably gonna go with the adjustable heim joints for a panhard so i can make it longer and try to straighten it out a little bit. till then im gonna put my stockies back on as there not as wide as my 22s ill get some pics on later today

As for the rest of my kit i went with a viair 480 compressor, 5 gal tank, 8 valves, 6 switches, and the front i just need the top bag bracket to weld on the frame. i havent installed any of these yet but going to soon as i can sqeeze in some nali time.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cant comletly smash it because now my rear shifted over about 1 1/2 over my quarter. im probably gonna go with the adjustable heim joints for a panhard so i can make it longer and try to straighten it out a little bit.

Yea adjustable joints ... or they sell a whole bar , its not too bad,, or the cheap way is just pull it out and have any welder stretch the stock one an inch 1/2 .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts