Bagging the front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've been looking for a few hours now and couldn't find anything about bagging the front of our trucks. I guess my main questions are 2600 bags still recommended as they are on the rear, where could I get the mounting brackets, and should shocks be used? (My main concern is for 2wd) I've only seen a few pictures that aren't very good quality so anybody with some please post them up. I'm looking to do the "set and forget" in the rear for now and am wanting to see what path to take in the future....

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I've been looking for a few hours now and couldn't find anything about bagging the front of our trucks. I guess my main questions are 2600 bags still recommended as they are on the rear, where could I get the mounting brackets, and should shocks be used? (My main concern is for 2wd) I've only seen a few pictures that aren't very good quality so anybody with some please post them up. I'm looking to do the "set and forget" in the rear for now and am wanting to see what path to take in the future....

theres def more than a fistfull of threads on here dealing with this back and forth.. but without lookin i can tell you this... stock upper LCAs and DJM lowers.. with a set of brackets from any of a million sources and 2500#s because when 26s swell they can rub.. and no torsion bars.. is what i run.. def run 4 valves.. to lockout air from going side to side.. will help sway and protect bags from over pressurising on corners.... i personally would run at least a 400psi bag anyway..

the bracket will weld to the frame.. fall through the upper control arm.. and mount to the lower control arm.

Badluck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There still on my truck. I bought a rear bag set-up from another member but he stiffed me on it. I had worked a deal w/ meangreen for my 5" coils. I know you were looking for a set, do you still need them?

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea.. me and modded are talking but i need them like this week so i think timeing might be bad for everyone.. i wish someone local was looking to bag their shit. .and we could just swap rear ends.. all you would need then is to have the free travel mod already done.. or nut up and c notch it.. and weld a set of tabs to do my reverse 2 link so you can do the panhard delete

Badluck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
free travel is done, c-notch will be done when installing bags

it's ******* 20 degrees here so I'm not too motivated to be crawling under the truck right now.

airbagd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea.. me and modded are talking but i need them like this week so i think timeing might be bad for everyone.. i wish someone local was looking to bag their shit. .and we could just swap rear ends.. all you would need then is to have the free travel mod already done.. or nut up and c notch it.. and weld a set of tabs to do my reverse 2 link so you can do the panhard delete

MOB.... I'm looking to do my rear any time now...I'm in Apollo Beach. I was just going to do it myself using rear cups...with the stock 4 link for now until I start my stock floor frame....

I've got the rear end currently on the Tahoe... as well as another sitting in the garage.

When are you looking to change out the rear?

OP
OP
M

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MeanGreen03

Glad you didn't buy my springs if you were going to go the bag route anyway.

I'm in the process of putting together the rear shrader valve kit now.

Here's one of the threads for 4wd front set-up http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7909

I wasn't going to go this route originally but since our deal didn't work out as planned and I've always wanted something bagged then I figured what a better time to do it then now. Plus it doesn't cost much more and it's a much better ride.

MOB... are you still incorporating shocks on your setup?

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didint run front shocks.. i didnt know i want running them.. i found out when i found out the back were mounted upside down and went to check the front...

lol

that being said.. im running a 600psi slam specialties bag on the front.. and from what i have been told. .the bag is so stiff that it actually acts like a shock.. and whether i believe that or not.. i have never seen the need to add front shocks back on .. so it must be SOMEWHAT true

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justjacks07

Latest posts