bagging the rear!! ''set n forget''

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
goozdenali

goozdenali

Banned - Bad dealings with members
Reaction score
I haven't got the pics in yet but will shortly but MOB I gotta ??? For you. Right now my bottom bag plate is as close to the rear axle as I can get it, the top cup is about 1'' 1/2 long with the plate on it. What can I do to drop my rear even more, maybe another 2'' and ill be happy. I haven't measured where my quarter sits at smashed but I know my shocks will give another 2''. I'm not planing on riding like that but when I park it I want it completly smashed

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welllllllllllllllll here is where the issues start.. youre exactly where i was when i said EFF THIS IM BAGGING IT FORREAL.. i even wanna go as far as to say i invented the term "set n forget" rear bag setup....

soooo when its aired out all the way now..ill assume its sitting bracket to bracket with just a poor deflated bag in between.. what that means is aired out is aired out.

And there is pretty much no way around this.. .

You COULD mount your top bag bracket flat.. and drill a hole in the floorboard to run your lines through.. that should give you room to get another inch and a half.. but even that will be aired out.. and shouldnt be driven on.. there are bags with bump stops in them.. so that makes driving this low easier.. but it usually costs you an inch of drop because of the bump stop.

The only real answer is this.. deal with it..

lol

jk, sorta..

but the only alternative is to move the bag off the top of the axle, like i did this go around.. hang a bracket like this.

behind_axle_bracket-lg.gif

or this

BEHIND-AXLE-UPPER_LOWER-BRA.gif

and it will allow the axle to sink past where the bag is hanging up now..

at this point i would recommend a c notch.. about 89$ in parts should be less than $250 for parts and installation.....it will give you a lil over 3 more inches of axle travel.. . and an adjustable or lengthened panhard if you arent gonna 4 link it.....and this my friend.. will tuck 24s.. and lay out on the right 22s..

lowAZhoe

Resident GM Tech
Reaction score
does it tuck at all aired out? thinking about doin the set n forget so i can drop the rear another inch or so to level out the truck with the front, and if i ever tow with it i can add more air.

ive had a few adjustable suspensions and installed several myself. this ride i wanna keep it static...

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
does it tuck at all aired out? thinking about doin the set n forget so i can drop the rear another inch or so to level out the truck with the front, and if i ever tow with it i can add more air.

ive had a few adjustable suspensions and installed several myself. this ride i wanna keep it static...

its gonna sit about an inch lower than a 5 inch drop.. the brackets are the issue.. doing it behind the axle will let you lay axle to frame. .and a c notch will let you set it at like -7/-8 but once your past -5 offset and panhard REALLY comes into play..

lengthening the panhard will let you drop it all the way to the c notch..

Badluck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MOB

Should I get the 2500 or 2600 bags for the rear?

When you say it will sit 1" lower than 5" drop spring is that aired out?

Thanks

OP
OP
goozdenali

goozdenali

Banned - Bad dealings with members
Reaction score
set n forget is good way to motivate someone to get a tank, compressor ect. Cuz u loose a little bit of air over noght and it sucks to manually air it daily or so, and MOB who carrys those brackets u talkin about

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MOB

Should I get the 2500 or 2600 bags for the rear?

When you say it will sit 1" lower than 5" drop spring is that aired out?

Thanks

http://www.jpkustoms.com/catalog/-c-21_49.html

Yup.. about an inch lower than -5inch coils is about what you get (when you put the airbag in the stock spring spot. -7 if you do thin thin brackets.. -8 if you run the lines through the floor

BED NEWS.....I just remembered.. i dont know if you can do behind the axle brackets with a panhard bar....

Badluck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cuz u loose a little bit of air over noght and it sucks to manually air it daily or so

Bags and the fittings leak that much?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts