Coil Over Conversion Engaged!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atomic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if the shock manufacturers actually listed the dampening rate it would be easier to answer that. Bigger shocks (diameter) usually have higher rates and heat disappation. More spring options would be nice too...

OP
OP
Bomba02

Bomba02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now the threads getting some hits lol.

Throwing out the technical stuff now!

I'm gonna try to call hypercoil see if they make a heavier spring or could? Can't hurt to ask. I think a heavier spring would help the shock work a little less but as stated bigger/stronger/longer shock would prob improve it big time as well.

Need opinion, the nut on the top side of the stud top mount do I need to run a bushing or can I just run a washer and the nut or do I need little rubber there?

Big thing now is getting my fender height right and 60% downward travel set.

One day.

Atomic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably want some rubber with the stud top but would be fine with just a washer with the procomp adapter

OP
OP
Bomba02

Bomba02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably want some rubber with the stud top but would be fine with just a washer with the procomp adapter

I see, the rubber bushing on the bottom isn't good enough, might have to cut current stud off and weld larger/longer threaded stud on then. HMMM

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now the threads getting some hits lol.

Throwing out the technical stuff now!

That may be taking it a little far. ha ha... Its me and Atomic. ha ha..

Had to take a break from school, so I let my questions out. lol.

Going to have to pull all information, Nerdy stuff, lmao, out of these threads and condense into one.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

How come, as i still have your washer and no rubber? Or are you speaking of the top part of it, I.E. on top of the shock mount / on top of frame

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea on top of the frame is what i meant

What i thought. lol .

Man wish we all lived close. Heck even a couple hours away and i would drive to you guys.

OP
OP
Bomba02

Bomba02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What i thought. lol .

Man wish we all lived close. Heck even a couple hours away and i would drive to you guys.

^+1. Pretty sure I'm the only nbs gmc/chevy truck in my state so I'm in a new world lol.

We will get it fine tuned with a little r and r.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^+1. Pretty sure I'm the only nbs gmc/chevy truck in my state so I'm in a new world lol.

We will get it fine tuned with a little r and r.

The only in the state? Where do you live again?

Yea we will get this all figured out with time. I will have plenty soon enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia