Bad fuel gauge and Torque Pro app

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

largewon62

Reaction score
OK, I did the 30k did lube thing and that stopped it from doing the hummingbird, but now it just stays on full 95% of the time.....even when I am almost on empty!!!

It registers less than full sometimes, usually when it is warm outside. Did I miss an important step? Did I put in too much dampening fluid?

rmodel65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you pull a vacuum before putting the fluid in? ive read that you have to do that to get it to work properly? it bounces in my silverado dunno about the tahoe its pretty much had an empty gas tank since i bought it :p

largewon62

Reaction score
Yes, I pulled a vacuum and allowed the vacuum to draw the dampening fluid in, but I am still having issues with the fuel gauge not working properly.

Most of the time it reads FULL, as the tank nears EMPTY the gauge will bounce between 1/4 to FULL. Could I have put the needle back on way off???

OP
OP
N

newbie78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had all the symptoms of the gas gauge going nuts but after I replaced my fuel pump it works fine now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vadenA77