Back window rattle is annoying!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J B pdt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did check that. I think I finally found the culprit, after adding felt tape all over the place. I think it was at the very top of the glass where it connects to the plastic "spoiler". The left side was solid, but I could play with the glass to make the very top right come slightly away from the spoiler. I added a couple small pieces of felt tape between the glass and spoiler, and that seems to have done the trick!

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick update: they tell me the noise is coming from the second row seats and not the back window. They said when the seats are down the noise goes away but in the up position is where something is rattling. I always heard the noise coming from farther back but if it’s what they say then oh well, hopefully they fix it. I never tested this as my I never had a reason to put the second row seat down because it’s always needed. My Yukon is still at the dealers so this is what they said for now looks like I won’t get it back til about Monday or Tuesday.

My passenger side rear seat has a rattle sometimes. Did they resolve your issue?

thepiombino

Reaction score
I, too, am experiencing a rattle coming from the back ('16 Suburban) and I don't even know where to start. It doesn't seem to be coming from the rear window, but more like the rear passenger side door. Wondering if it's seat related like a couple folks above seem to be experiencing. Whatever it is, it's driving me nuts.

TCJ84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did check that. I think I finally found the culprit, after adding felt tape all over the place. I think it was at the very top of the glass where it connects to the plastic "spoiler". The left side was solid, but I could play with the glass to make the very top right come slightly away from the spoiler. I added a couple small pieces of felt tape between the glass and spoiler, and that seems to have done the trick!

Any chance that you would upload a picture showing what you did? I've had the same issue on 2016 Tahoe and it's driving me crazy...I've tried everything.

TCJ84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same issue on my 2016 Tahoe. Looking for the best solution as the dealer never finds a problem.

J B pdt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any chance that you would upload a picture showing what you did? I've had the same issue on 2016 Tahoe and it's driving me crazy...I've tried everything.

Unfortunately, I spoke too soon. It was similar to what DCmaynor did. Mine wasn't that extreme.

My issue seems to be really hit or miss. This weekend it was rattling like crazy, and then today it wasn't making any noise.

J B pdt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I, too, am experiencing a rattle coming from the back ('16 Suburban) and I don't even know where to start. It doesn't seem to be coming from the rear window, but more like the rear passenger side door. Wondering if it's seat related like a couple folks above seem to be experiencing. Whatever it is, it's driving me nuts.

Mine is kind of similar to this. Sometimes I swear it is the glass, but at other times it sounds like it may be near the passenger door. I know there was a TSB about some metal tubing in the rear passenger wheel well. I took out the liner and added felt tape in a few spots where the the tubing was touching, but it didn't solve anything.

My next plan is to take off all of the plastic on the rear hatch and see if it has anything to do with some wires hitting the metal (kind of at a loss at what could be causing it at this point). I have added felt tape pretty much all of the way around the window. I know there is a gap (can move slightly) on the pegs that keep it connect. I'm thinking that this probably isn't it, due to the fact that it shouldn't move much when the window is closed due to the latch and the rubber likely holding it in place.

I am not looking forward to taking off the plastic on the interior on the rear passenger side, but that may be the next move if it isn't fixed when looking at the hatch. This is probably the most annoying thing in any car I have ever driven.

J B pdt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A little better, but not completely fixed. More padding and driving today.

Did the additional padding help? If so, I may loosen the window in an effort to stick padding/felt tape all around the window.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kwells