Back window rattle is annoying!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
yukonchief

yukonchief

Reaction score
They did change the glass and frame. Unfortunately the new glass has a scratch and they have to do it again. The new glass still shakes a little. I wondering if the pin is a different size.

Still waiting for the third glass
Sweet I’m right at 35K I might have to take mine before I hit 36K miles and I’m out of warranty

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would see if the can slightly bend the hinge that’s attached to the glass. To me it looks like a slight angle bend will sort of fill the hole artificially if you will

In addition there seems to be a little more space on my left hinge. I’m going to ask them to add a rubber washer or O ring to fill it in.

Last edited:

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck went back to the dealer yesterday for another replacement glass. The first replacement had a small scratch. The dealer was very good about it and ordered the glass on their own and told me they were going to replace it.
The second repair appears to have worked pretty well. The amount of shift is almost nil.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here it is, a couple of days later, I heard the rattle again. Kind of surprised. When I stopped for gas, I opened the window to check things out. I found all FOUR nuts that hold the glass to the hinges on their last threads.
I am not happy. I hand tightened them and will be at the dealer first thing in the am.

reis0056

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What are you all doing to solve that little back window rattle that goes off every now and then on certain roads? I bought a used 2017 Yukon and noticed this on some roads only but it’s annoying. Thanks for the ideas

Has anyone solved this problem yet? I have a used 17 Yukon with the same type of rattle that is coming from the spoiler area. I believe its the plastic vibrating into the metal parts but I have not taken it apart yet. Does anyone know if I can just pop the top plastic piece off of the spoiler or do I need to remove it entirely first?

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Open just the rear window. About 3/4 full. Grab both sides of glass and see if it moves side to side. The glass should not move. The last time the nuts on the hinge were loose. We also tightened up every screw etc on the spoiler trim.

They replaced 2 rear glasses.
I think that the holes on the hinge are just a little too big or the pins are a little too thin.

OP
OP
yukonchief

yukonchief

Reaction score
Has anyone solved this problem yet? I have a used 17 Yukon with the same type of rattle that is coming from the spoiler area. I believe its the plastic vibrating into the metal parts but I have not taken it apart yet. Does anyone know if I can just pop the top plastic piece off of the spoiler or do I need to remove it entirely first?
Well I decided since I’m still under the bumper to bumper warranty to take it back to the dealership and have them fix it before my warranty goes out. I’ll report back once they give me a dignosis on this problem.

OP
OP
yukonchief

yukonchief

Reaction score
Quick update: they tell me the noise is coming from the second row seats and not the back window. They said when the seats are down the noise goes away but in the up position is where something is rattling. I always heard the noise coming from farther back but if it’s what they say then oh well, hopefully they fix it. I never tested this as my I never had a reason to put the second row seat down because it’s always needed. My Yukon is still at the dealers so this is what they said for now looks like I won’t get it back til about Monday or Tuesday.

J B pdt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did the seat idea end up being the issue? I have a rattling problem that I can't figure out. I think it is from the glass on the hatch (seems kind of like glass on metal rattle). I've tried putting felt tape on basically everything that the glass would contact, but I can't seem to fix it.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the seat idea end up being the issue? I have a rattling problem that I can't figure out. I think it is from the glass on the hatch (seems kind of like glass on metal rattle). I've tried putting felt tape on basically everything that the glass would contact, but I can't seem to fix it.
Make sure that your tire wrench and jack tools in the compartment on the rear driver's side is secured.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan