AVH-5100 video bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
I heard by grounding the green wire on the units harness for the parking brake that I will be able to bypass the video lockout. Anyone know?

Also what will i need to hook my factory flip down?

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes and no. You actually need to place a switch inline so that the unit does not see a ground at all times. So basically turn the car on with the switch in the off position then flip the switch so the unit sees ground. That should do it for you. The switch you need is a simple two position switch like those found in alarms.

As for the factory flip down, I usually sell people new ones lol. I would imagine there would have to be soldering if they arenet hooked up with RCA connection, which I doubt they are.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fyremanpat

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
So I'm gonna have to hit a switch everytime to view a dvd while in motion? Dangit, that's gonna get old..and for the flip down, it had a vcr (haha vcr) under the rear passenger seat and the tv has 4 inputs and the old rca's I can access..what would I need for my new head? A standard video rca?

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it's the same as the 4100 but I did it like this and it works great..

DVD bypass

Damn chistoso thanks man, I've never done a/v before but I'm gunna give this a shot! Not a fan of switching that shit off and on..I wanna use my existing dash switch for something else like cut outs :signs6:

B

OP
OP
fyremanpat

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
Now THATS what I wanted to hear!!! i searched and searched and never found that..i imagine its the same setup.. thanks bro!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019